Is the BMW i3 the most advanced production car?

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Andres125sx

Re: Is the BMW i3 the most advanced production car?

Andres125sx wrote:
Tommy Cookers wrote: your Vancouver source does not say what you say as above

[...]

if you want to discuss the subject seriously, we can do it but please, explain what you´re trying to say.

Andres125sx

Tommy Cookers wrote: I was expressing an interest in the range extender version, as was a previous poster
one thihg I have argued against is the modern 'need' for 150 hp in everyday cars, as 50 hp seemed ok
Agree, but that´s a different subject

And they´re BMW, they´re known for their sport behavioury/daily use mix with very good quality materials, they never tried to manufacture a car with practicability or low price as main goal

i3 continue with BMW mantra, daily use car, premium sector, but still with sporty behaviour and obviously rear traction. As any other BMW

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

Tommy Cookers wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: .... When you compare petrol cars with EVs whose energy comes only from coal plants, EVs are still greener
your Vancouver source does not say what you say as above
it says in section 2 ' in dirty electricity regions driving on electricity creates similar climate pollution to gasoline'
that's how I say your chosen source does not say what you say it does

whatever, time will decide these things, not your opinion or mine

Richard
Richard

Posts ranting about immigration, agriculture and cost of housing have been deleted.

Andres125sx

Tommy Cookers wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: .... When you compare petrol cars with EVs whose energy comes only from coal plants, EVs are still greener
your Vancouver source does not say what you say as above
it says in section 2 ' in dirty electricity regions driving on electricity creates similar climate pollution to gasoline'
that's how I say your chosen source does not say what you say it does

whatever, time will decide these things, not your opinion or mine
This was replied and deleted, but since the question remains on the thread, I´ll repeat the reply

Similar is different from higher, so no, we say the same, "my" source do not specify if higher or lower, only say similar. I´m more precise as they´re similar, but EV are still greener, at least if you do a fair comparison and compare average with average.

But even if you do an unfair comparison like most EV haters usually do...
In most regions, cars fuelled by electricity create less climate pollution than the very best all-gasoline fuelled car.
We agree on something tough, your opinion or mine does not matter, facts and real data matter