Pagani Huayra unveiled

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Pagani Huayra unveiled

Well the long awaited Zonda replacement is upon is. The Huayra, here it is.
Retains the Zonda's love it or hate it look.

More could have been done.
David Purley

Giblet

Re: Pagani Huayra unveiled.

Paninni Hurray? What a strange name, almost as awkward sounding as the previous car, the Paninni Zombo.

Joking aside, proportions remind me of an Enzo, not the style obviously. I always found the car amazing, but lacking in soul for some reason.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

wesley123

It is looking a bit awkward, it is essentially retaining the Zonda's fromt and Rear with everything in between redesigned, dont know what to think of it...yet.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

JohnsonsEvilTwin

For me it retains the essence of Pagani. Not design for aesthetics sake, but to stand out from the crowded supercar arena. The Veyron looks forgettable, whereas this hits the bullseye for sheer drama.

It aint pretty, but thats the point.

If you spend the cash they asking for this you need somthing thats going to be gawped at. Job done there IMO.

There is of course the twin turbo V12 AMG motor that can make up aurally for any discreprancies visually. I thank you and G'night.
David Purley

Belatti

What a surprise is to know that Pagani will name its next car "HUAYRA".

I actually work at Pronello, the man that designed the original HUAYRA in the 70´s.

Its story, in spanish:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huayra_Pronello_Ford
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

MadMatt

Re: Pagani Huayra unveiled

The front lower part looks too big to me. Looks like a whale or something like that. Where is the finesse ? I don't like it, hopefully they'll change that before actually selling it ! But I remember it was the same with the Zonda few years ago. The first versions didn't look that good, but then they kept improving the design and TO ME the Zondas' are really gorgeous those days. so fingers crossed ! :)

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

The front looks like a bottom feeder. All it needs it an ariel between the headlights and it'll attract small fry such as IQs, old Minis, Gee-Whizs. If hungry it may go for a mk2 Astra.

What a truly ugly, vulgar, loud shouty thing. It has no class about it - the footballers and Top Gear will love it! :lol:

manchild

Complete lack of any sense for proportion, no style... horrible. Looks like a cross-between fangtooth and Smart.

ImageImage

No one will ever design a car that will stand out and remain unmatched as Countach. That concept still used by Lamborghini lives on trough decades same as one Porsche started with 911.

marcush.

the countach wheels look a bit small for todays eyes..
I´d prefer the Stratos or Miura all day for their looks

andrew

manchild wrote:...same as one Porsche started with 911.
Oh you mean a squashed VW Beetle? Porsches are boring - nothing to excite with them at all.

Give me a Ferrari Enzo or a F430 any day. Proper supercars with excitment and real design and engineering.

manchild

911 GT2 RS has beaten Enzo on Nurburgring for 1.7 seconds, not to mention F430. If Ferrari's supercar is slower than modern version of "squashed VW Beetle" than something is very wrong with Ferrari's "real design and engineering" you've mentioned. It creates hilarious excitement though, I agree with that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring_lap_times

andrew

I just find Porsches (or Porshas as as some people call them) extremely boring.

One of the high-ups at my work has one and it has so many skirts, folds etc etc it looks like something that a boy racer would do to their G-reg Ford Fiesta! :lol:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

And I'm betting both the GT3 RS and F430/Enzo would not see where the Huayra went.

A 6.0 litre twin turbo V12 with 700bhp, 730lb ft torque and with the engine being many kilos lighter than the 7.3 litre V12 of the Zonda. This car will be devastating.

On the looks side, I just realise how close it looks in proportion, to a McLaren F1.
I love its unique look, it has some exquisite detailing.
David Purley

MadMatt

I've always been wondering why they need such huge engine to get these power numbers. That can be achieved with half the number of cylinders and 2 liters less displacement and still run for thousand of kilometers... :roll: Yes I'm talking about Porsche for example. Pagani should just let go the turbochargers and stay focused on a pure V12 engine because the turbocharged route seems to be too complicated to master for them. Torque is huge as you can expect from such huge engine, but still...

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mercedes-AMG design, build and prepare the engine.

Why such a big engine? At this level of the market, customers dont realy want 3.6 litre flat 6 turbos. They want exotic looking and especially exotic sounding cars.
There is no way on god's green earth you can compare the a flat 6 Porsche to the wail of a Mercedes V12...its just unfair on Porsche.
There is a gallardo V10(itself pretty impressive sounding) to compare, and Im sure you would agree the Mercedes sounds savage! =P~

Those downchanges at the end made me twitch...... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HQtvScLek4[/youtube]
David Purley