Lotus Cosworth T125

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Steven
Owner

Re: Lotus Cosworth T125

chepoi wrote:This is A1 racing car.
Which specification would that be then? I have seen both the Lola and the "powered by Ferrari" specification and neither of those really look like this car.

Perhaps this is some kind of an evolved A1GP car that was developed just enough to not make it look like an A1GP and instead look similar to an F1 car.

Pierce89

Tomba wrote:
chepoi wrote:This is A1 racing car.
Which specification would that be then? I have seen both the Lola and the "powered by Ferrari" specification and neither of those really look like this car.

Perhaps this is some kind of an evolved A1GP car that was developed just enough to not make it look like an A1GP and instead look similar to an F1 car.
It could possibly use the same moncoque(I doubt it). It has a diferent motor, different gearbox, and very very different aero from either A1GP car. This is very different from the Lola car or the "Ferrari inspired" chassis.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

hecti

beelsebob wrote:
hecti wrote:
tathan wrote:
It won't need a flat bottom either, the diffuser looks massive and it probably gets a whole heap from the underneath.
On top gear Jean alessi said the floor produced 60% of the total down force!!
I *think* what he was getting at was that a 1990s F1 car, not having a raised nose, did not have a splitter, which meant that air was inefficiently split, that meant that it couldn't be lead neatly round the side pods, that meant that it couldn't be driven into the rear wings, so the splitter itself isn't producing 60% of the downforce... but without it, you would lose that much.
I think that he was referring to the whole floor, not just the splitter (the take is of the splitter, i know) but i also know that the splitter itself isnt going to produce 60% of the downforce, that massive diffuser/venturi is tho! :shock:

Huntresa

Does this car run modern ground effects such as the new world series by renault cars?