HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

hrt
hrt

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth (pre-launch speculation)

Coefficient wrote:Last time I checked this thread was supposed to be about the new HRT car and not a venue for bickering about the price of fish. We have 23 pages in this thread and no car yet only 16 Pages in the Williams thread. Come on, lets stop the crap or start a new HRT bickering thread please.
And ill say it again if we are not going to see the new F112 at Barcelona is because the new rules says that all the cars have to be able to pass the crash test before each season, the car is done, we just failed in the CT and we cant not be there the 21st of february.

dice782

hrt wrote:
Coefficient wrote:Last time I checked this thread was supposed to be about the new HRT car and not a venue for bickering about the price of fish. We have 23 pages in this thread and no car yet only 16 Pages in the Williams thread. Come on, lets stop the crap or start a new HRT bickering thread please.
And ill say it again if we are not going to see the new F112 at Barcelona is because the new rules says that all the cars have to be able to pass the crash test before each season, the car is done, we just failed in the CT and we cant not be there the 21st of february.
Its unfortunate we were all waiting to see the F112. I think this is why the thread has so many pages. I am sure HRT will surprise us with their car, but with Mercedes also going for the step nose its looking like Mclaren will be the only normal looking car.

Coefficient is right lately this thread has been a turn off with bickering. As in the name of this website these threads are supposed to be a technical and well balanced discussion with facts and analysis. There are smart guys on here who really know their stuff when it comes to race engineering. We don't need to agree with a persons opinions but it helps us analyze facts better. When guys get too emotional we don't get the feedback we log on to find. I usually find out news in these threads before they are even in the media.
Petroltorque wrote:I would ask the question of how long can HRT afford the luxury of De La Rosa's experience. The bottom line is that he brings no funding and I presume is on a retainer.

I actually think that the Pedro will probably stay with HRT well after his career as a race driver expires. PDLR wont walk away as he cant get a seat any where else in F1 unless he follows Rubins to the U.S.

Hopefully soon we can start discussing the technical aspects of the F112

hrt
hrt

Trocola
Trocola

hrt wrote:http://www.hrtf1team.com/en/noticias/az ... -team.html

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Great news. And tomorrow, the new web-site. Maybe they will show new sponsors or a picture of the new car/livery...

Trocola

dice782

I was looking at the HRT F111 Specification on the F1technical f1 Database, Since this is a pre-launch speculation thread I would like to put together my own amateur Speculative Specification.

HRT F112 Speculative Specifications
Chassis material: Carbon fibre and honeycomb composite Monocoque
Bodywork material: Carbon Fibre
Front Suspension: Carbon fibre Double wishbone with pushrod operating torsion springs and anti roll-bar via rocker
Rear Suspension: Double wishbone and pullrod activated springs and anti-roll bar
Dampers: Penske
Steering: HRT Hydraulic servo assisted system
Transmission: Williams F1 seven speed seamless sequential semi-automatic shift plus reverse gear. Gear selection electro-hydraulically actuated
Clutch: Carbon multi-plate
KERS: Williams F1
Calipers: AP
Brake system: AP 6 piston callipers all round, carbon discs and pads
Cooling system: (radiators, heat exchangers): Aluminium Oil, Water, KERS, and gearbox radiator
Cockpit instrumentation:
Extinguisher system:
Wheels: BBS
Seat Belts: OMP
CockPit: Removable seat made of anatomically formed carbon composite and six-point seat belt & HANS system
ECU and Logging System: FIA standard ECU & FIA homologated electronic & electrical system
Wheel Rims: Magnesium alloy
Tyres: Pirelli
Overall Width: 1800mm
Car Weight: 640Kg (Minimum FIA weight)

Engine: CA2011 Cosworth 2.4L V8, 90° V angle engine, pneumatic valve train.
Max rpm: 18000
Engine Weight: 95Kg (minimum FIA regulation weight)
Capacity: 2400 cc
Fuel:
Fuel cell:
Lubricants provider:

I think HRT will follow the trend and opt for the step nose.The car will be Gold & brown in color.

Gridlock

I think HRT will follow the trend and opt for the step nose.The car will be Gold & brown in color.
I sincerely doubt there's any "opting" for the step nose; not unless they have a new tub.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

They have a new tub plus PDLR has said the F112 will have a stepped nose.

marcush.
marcush.

HRT suffers from bad timing.Clearly Kolles was right on track with the project otherwise no ways they could have gotten as far as they are this winter.
Why not let the original team hand out the completed car to the new guys,..I´m sure the priice tag for this would have been well wrth it considering the drama unfolding recently.
They ´d have had their hands full creating the new base ,but building the cars as well is just asked too much considering the time available.

Pierce89

hrt wrote:
A car that can't pass its crash test is worth precisely dick to a F1 team
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

dice782

Pierce89 wrote:
hrt wrote:
A car that can't pass its crash test is worth precisely dick to a F1 team
Its better then not having any car at all to fail a crash test.

Last year the front wing failed as well, was it the same manufacturer?

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

Last year they failed the nose crash test. AFAIK the assembly was done by Mubea Carbo Tech. This year the assembly is performed by Holzer Gmbh.
I think there is a suggestion that the F112 is a NEW tub design. Normally with rule stability small teams use the same tub design but modified to comply with any new crash test requirements.
The new website has a render of the F112 but to me it looks like a mock up of last year's car.

Tozza Mazza

beelsebob
beelsebob

[quote="Tozza Mazza"]Image[quote]
That's the F111 isn't it?
Last edited by Richard on 21 Feb 2012, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted image from post above

Tozza Mazza

beelsebob wrote:
Tozza Mazza wrote:Image
That's the F111 isn't it?
Looks like it, but Hispania on their site have it as the F112.

:lol:

medeni73
medeni73

Filename is p8LhIyw_f112.jpg

so that must be it :) "evolved" F111 :)