Williams FW34 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

I wonder if the new FW will finally make it to race day.

They also appear to have given up on the coanda exhaust completely or at least for this season.

aleks_ader

Sevach wrote:I wonder if the new FW will finally make it to race day.

They also appear to have given up on the coanda exhaust completely or at least for this season.
Hmm what u mean? They already raced a "r" wing... Here example pic from ABD race...

EDIT: i was wrong nope u had right! =D> I miss up small slit on 1st flap.. That is very hard visible especial on that hight angle...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Intego

Interesting article on Maldonado's/Williams' performance this year:
AMuS (German)
Google translation

Michael Schmidt says that Williams had very bad FW problems and when they changed to the Barcelona winning spec in Abu Dhabi they were back on the pace ...
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Sevach
Sevach

Intego wrote:Interesting article on Maldonado's/Williams' performance this year:
AMuS (German)
Google translation

Michael Schmidt says that Williams had very bad FW problems and when they changed to the Barcelona winning spec in Abu Dhabi they were back on the pace ...
The FW that began being used in Silverstone had a lot more downforce, but was also prone to losing it's efficiency because of pitch and roll?

It's hard to understand things with google translate.

Intego

It's said that on bumps the FW stalled ...
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

aleks_ader

Thx to SCARBS
ScarbsF1 wrote:Williams front wing, all three wings are different specs in this image, with different flaps, cascades and "r" vanes
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Forza

US GP - FP1

user001
user001

Barrichello said months ago this years's FW34 is a car good enough constantly being under the top 3. whats you're opinion of this? maldonado proved it a few times and williams' engineers clued that in a few races they've had an absolutly stunning race pace hinting beeing able to win. what do you think looking at the lap times through the races?

wesley123
wesley123

the car sure has the pace, but the drivers do not show it very often, either due to errors or their lack of experience. Maldonado had qualified this car on the first 3 rows quite often this year. The pace is there, yet the drivers dont have enough experience to be there constantly
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

winth304 wrote:Barrichello said months ago this years's FW34 is a car good enough constantly being under the top 3. whats you're opinion of this? maldonado proved it a few times and williams' engineers clued that in a few races they've had an absolutly stunning race pace hinting beeing able to win. what do you think looking at the lap times through the races?
Maybe he's hinting to the team that he'd like to pull a Schumacher?

I wouldn't mind. It really does mean a lot to have good, steady drivers to complement a good car.

Forza

US GP - Friday Free Practice

user001
user001

again after free practice 3 i'm adamant that with the right driver williams could compete for the podium on a constant basis. very long ago i've read an article that the car inner airflow is just as good as red bull's. would really love to see hamilton or vettel in a williams...

zoro_f1

the car had improved a lot but at the end he needed to be driven... imagine what would be if raikkonen joined them (williams-renault)... :wink:
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]