Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

Wasnt that something the McLaren was really good at? At least I am sure it was really good under braking and into turns.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob
beelsebob

wesley123 wrote:Wasnt that something the McLaren was really good at? At least I am sure it was really good under braking and into turns.
It's been great under breaking and into turns for several years, but it began to lose any traction advantage last year. That was pretty evident at Monza, where it was getting ripped to shreds by both the Merc and the Ferrari out of chicaines. In Monaco, it appeared that pretty much everyone had better traction than them out of slow corners, even caterham.

raymondu999

n smikle wrote:Heikki was dragging away from Button after every corner in Monaco which is a downforce set-up track, so the car definitely had a traction deficit Not horribly bad, but noticeable.
For any race since Spain or Monaco, I don't think Button is a good barometer. Maybe the car had much better traction but Button's issues have meant he had rubbish confidence on the throttle, and actually had "excess" traction that he wasn't making use on corner exit.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:
n smikle wrote:Heikki was dragging away from Button after every corner in Monaco which is a downforce set-up track, so the car definitely had a traction deficit Not horribly bad, but noticeable.
For any race since Spain or Monaco, I don't think Button is a good barometer. Maybe the car had much better traction but Button's issues have meant he had rubbish confidence on the throttle, and actually had "excess" traction that he wasn't making use on corner exit.
Hamilton was getting demolished in the major traction zones too though. The McLaren was losing nearly half a second in the last sector in qualifying - my bet, because it involves the last two corners and a drag to the line.

raymondu999

Eh? What circuit? Monaco S3, Hamilton did a 20.398 versus Webber's 20.185
Barcelona S3 Hamilton did a 28.340 versus the 28.321 of Maldonado.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

The Chicane at Barcelona isnt really a traction dependant corner, it rewards roll stability over out and out traction
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

ell66
ell66

First of all button had a shocker that weekend and was off the pace, and it was illusion that heikki was pulling away, he was simply on the power before button due to being the car ahead.

ell66
ell66

beelsebob wrote:
wesley123 wrote:Wasnt that something the McLaren was really good at? At least I am sure it was really good under braking and into turns.
It's been great under breaking and into turns for several years, but it began to lose any traction advantage last year. That was pretty evident at Monza, where it was getting ripped to shreds by both the Merc and the Ferrari out of chicaines. In Monaco, it appeared that pretty much everyone had better traction than them out of slow corners, even caterham.
Monza last year? Ill think you'l find it was only a touch slower than the redbull and quicker than anything else that weekend.
The merc had immense top speed though.
In actual fact in 2010 the car had very average traction, but last years car was pretty good all round.

atanatizante

In FP1 you could see clear that Button`s mirror are splitted in 2 parts ...
Could this be aloud? Unfortunately I didn`t found any picture ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Wolvie
Wolvie

It seems that Jenson Button used an extreme camber in FP2, anyone have any picture?

McMrocks
McMrocks

atanatizante wrote:In FP1 you could see clear that Button`s mirror are splitted in 2 parts ...
did u see any other updates? I couldn't see any update... :?
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 116.65.jpg

westech
westech

McMrocks wrote:
atanatizante wrote:In FP1 you could see clear that Button`s mirror are splitted in 2 parts ...
No update on MP4-27, the big update will be at silverstone.

McMrocks
McMrocks

westech wrote:
McMrocks wrote:
No update on MP4-27, the big update will be at silverstone.
I allways thought McLaren is the fastest developer(see 2009: with a bad car at start of the season to a winning car at Hungary). And i thought that they want to bring updates at every weekend.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

I've been quite disappointed with the rate of development on the MP4-27 this year, especially when you compare it to the rate of development they had in 2009.

PlatinumZealot

Thanks to Jenson "I have no balance" Button, you can expect slow as molasses upgrade rate this year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏