Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
user001
user001

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 46004.html

last paragraph.

still looking for the site where the cooling slot position was mentioned explicitly by him.

Joie de vivre

they could run coanda exhaust today since it wasn't that hot

but seriously, they have a lot work to do during winter

btw. when does Lewis start working for them? tomorrow?

LHamilton
LHamilton

Joie de vivre wrote:they could run coanda exhaust today since it wasn't that hot

but seriously, they have a lot work to do during winter

btw. when does Lewis start working for them? tomorrow?
1 Jan 2013

marcush.
marcush.

sure they bagged a decent points finish in brazil (for their standards) but would their coanda have performed better under those circumstances? we and they will probaly never know....
I´m not sure about the car ,but I´m sure about their development and ability to react quickly decisive and proactive...

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

When is the speculation thread starting for the W04?

kooleracer
kooleracer

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:When is the speculation thread starting for the W04?
When we near winter testing i suppose.

Things i want to see on the car:

Advanced FW
Advanced Diffuser
More Aero-parts on the bodywork, much improved Aero-package
New exhausts
More rake
And last but not least, a device on the car that other teams will protest against.

And a expression of Button's face when the W04 gets pole by 0.5 in Melbourne. :D
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

elf341
elf341

- perforated gurney across the entire edge of the difuser (a la RB, Ferrari, McLaren)
- rear wing end-plate strakes that extend down rearward of the diffuser
- fw end-plate redesign

The above are all areas of continued and intense development by the whole paddock, let alone the top teams - but haven't even been tested (!) by Mercedes!

Vasconia

kooleracer wrote:
MercAMGF1Fans wrote:When is the speculation thread starting for the W04?
When we near winter testing i suppose.

Things i want to see on the car:

Advanced FW
Advanced Diffuser
More Aero-parts on the bodywork, much improved Aero-package
New exhausts
More rake
And last but not least, a device on the car that other teams will protest against.

And a expression of Button's face when the W04 gets pole by 0.5 in Melbourne. :D
And lets see Michaels face if this happens. :wtf:

Intego

Vasconia wrote:
kooleracer wrote:
MercAMGF1Fans wrote:...
And lets see Michaels face if this happens. :wtf:
Will be difficult to evaluate, completely another car. The abolition of the DDRS, the potentially upcoming DRD, and a hopefully advanced coanda exhaust alone will change a lot.
Even if you compare Hamilton and Rosberg it will be useless, because it will be much about who can how cope with the W04.

Schumacher has nothing to be afraid of, he has well proven his skills.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Vasconia

For me its not a matter of comparison between drivers(though some people will do that, and its stupid), its what you feel when you retired tired of struggling with a car an suddenly the team builts a race winner car. :evil:

raymondu999

Technically - it already was a race winner - China. And technically - had he started on pole in Monaco - he probably would've won there, considering that he was looking quite competitive. I know he retired - but how much of that was the whack from Grosjean?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Neno
Neno

Team who in last race of the season going to test how tyers are working, and last 5 race is without a single point, dont expect on front of grid in Australia, much less on pole by 0.5 in Melbourne. :|

Intego

Depending on the ability of Hamilton to develop the car. Ok, no miracles to be expected in just one month till winter testing, but maybe he'll bring in some important input on the coanda exhaust. :P
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Nando
Nando

Developing cars is the engineers job. Developing the setup throughout the weekend, yes.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Intego

So Schumacher is an engineer?! :o