Force India VJM06 Mercedes (Pre-Launch Speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FanForceIndia
FanForceIndia

Force India VJM06 Mercedes (Pre-Launch Speculation)

Force India will launch its 2013 car at Silverstone on February 1 next year.
I'm curious if there are interesting change on the car.

wesley123
wesley123

Re: Sahara Force India VJM06 Mercedes

Dount it, I dont expect anything big.

They came with the VJM05 which was an all new design by the team, over past the year they didnt seem to fully understand the concept, so a large change will just repeat past year.

The VJM05 had a lot of potential imo, but it was never fully understood, just continuing on what was started will probably give more gain than make big changes.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

FanForceIndia
FanForceIndia

The vjm05 was an evolution of the vjm04, so it was not a completely new design.
I myself think that the back will make some changes.

wesley123
wesley123

FanForceIndia wrote:The vjm05 was an evolution of the vjm04, so it was not a completely new design.
You might want to compare both cars, they look nothing, absolutely nothing alike. Name a part that was similar because I sisnt notice any

Pierce89

FanForceIndia wrote:The vjm05 was an evolution of the vjm04, so it was not a completely new design.
In Racecar engineering, Force India said the VJM05 was a completely new aero concept, developed under a different philosophy.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

user001
user001

wesley123 wrote:Dount it, I dont expect anything big.

They came with the VJM05 which was an all new design by the team, over past the year they didnt seem to fully understand the concept, so a large change will just repeat past year.

The VJM05 had a lot of potential imo, but it was never fully understood, just continuing on what was started will probably give more gain than make big changes.
imho all teams which did not fully understand the coanda exhaust or couldn´t get the most out of it will do so next season.

though the stress would be on this next year i do not think major revamps can be exluded though force india did not have the resources to do so in the past.

FanForceIndia
FanForceIndia

Re: Sahara Force India VJM06 Mercedes (Pre-Launch Speculatio

Still 13 days before the launch! I'm very curious. has anyone read something about how the VJM06 looks? or Di Resta (Robert Fernley, Vijay Mallya and Andrew Green) that say something about the car. or maybe a sneak preview?

Neno
Neno

FanForceIndia wrote:Still 13 days before the launch! I'm very curious. has anyone read something about how the VJM06 looks? or Di Resta (Robert Fernley, Vijay Mallya and Andrew Green) that say something about the car. or maybe a sneak preview?
i wondering if Force India financial problems will hurt devolopment of VJM06. If car on begginning of season would be
podium contender or dark horse, it would be shame they quit with devoloping and make backward progress

wesley123
wesley123

Neno wrote:
FanForceIndia wrote:Still 13 days before the launch! I'm very curious. has anyone read something about how the VJM06 looks? or Di Resta (Robert Fernley, Vijay Mallya and Andrew Green) that say something about the car. or maybe a sneak preview?
i wondering if Force India financial problems will hurt devolopment of VJM06. If car on begginning of season would be
podium contender or dark horse, it would be shame they quit with devoloping and make backward progress
You cant develop using money you dont have

Neno
Neno

wesley123 wrote:
Neno wrote:
You cant develop using money you dont have
yes you can, VJM06 project probably going from beggining of summer last year. they would probably withdraw from this year championship if they dont have enough money to make a car, problem is devoloping of car, spending money on new parts. when you know you have 20 races, it's difficut even when you dont have financial problems.

wesley123
wesley123

Re: Force India VJM06 Mercedes (Pre-Launch Speculation)

So how do you buy a tv if you dont have money? yeah that's right you dont, how is that any different here? Money that isnt there/isnt in the planned budget cannot be spent. Well unless of course you want to go bankrupt.

If the team really is short on money they surely arent going to blow it all on development.

NathanOlder

wesley123 wrote:So how do you buy a tv if you dont have money?
I'd imagine most people would just get an Argos card and watch F1 on a brand new Sony 47" LED TV :)

Only joking, Your right, If you have no money, you cant develop. Making parts you already have is not such a problem. But new parts is surely a no no. I read an article from Bob Fernley saying VJ's problems wont affect the F1 team. They will continue to move forward.

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/84 ... ny-crisis-
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FanForceIndia
FanForceIndia

Force India has no financial problems! Force India stands apart from other companies. As Kingfisher Airlines is independent of United Breweries. They will be spoken for years of financial problems, but there is never what proved true.

Force India's Bob Fernley has denied that the F1 team is in "crisis" and on the verge of "collapse".
Last year, team owner Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher airline was grounded as the company was in considerable debt owing money for unpaid salaries, vendor and airport fees and tax arrears.

When the news of Kingfisher's woes broke, Force India was keen to distance itself from the airline, however a report has emerged in Italy claiming that it too is in financial trouble.

According to Italiaracing, "Force India is in crisis", adding that it could face "collapse."

The magazine claims that in recent days F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone "activated a plan to save the team."

That plan could see either former team boss Colin Kolles, who was last in charge of HRT in 2011, make a return or even Flavio Briatore.

The team, though, has denied the report.

Deputy team boss Bob Fernley told Autosport: "There is absolutely no substance to it.

"Our shareholder Vijay and Sahara are incredibly strong. They don't need partners.

"As we speak, we are putting together and implementing an expansion programme that Vijay talked about at the end of last year.

"And all that is going ahead and moving forward. For the last four years, coming now to our fifth year, the team has been financed without any dependence on the shareholders' companies that they own.

"There is absolutely no substance to it anywhere and that's the thing that's very distressing."

Gridlock

Heya VJ

wesley123
wesley123

FanForceIndia wrote:Force India has no financial problems! Force India stands apart from other companies. As Kingfisher Airlines is independent of United Breweries. They will be spoken for years of financial problems, but there is never what proved true.
When you cant get to the hard numbers you cant prove anything. But well, it is common knowledge that his companies(and especially Kingfisher) arent running so well.
Force India's Bob Fernley has denied that the F1 team is in "crisis" and on the verge of "collapse".
Would be weird if he said it was true
When the news of Kingfisher's woes broke, Force India was keen to distance itself from the airline, however a report has emerged in Italy claiming that it too is in financial trouble.
Kingfisher and FI are run by the same guy. The same guy that aparently didnt have enough money to keep Kingfisher in the air(or he of course just makes lots of money by the bankrupcy of Kingfisher), so it then is safe to asume he also doesnt have the money to invest in the team.
That plan could see either former team boss Colin Kolles, who was last in charge of HRT in 2011, make a return or even Flavio Briatore.
Kolles again?
"Our shareholder Vijay and Sahara are incredibly strong. They don't need partners.
Wasnt Sahara there to invest in the team because Vijay couldnt cough up the full amount?
"As we speak, we are putting together and implementing an expansion programme that Vijay talked about at the end of last year.
They are getting more 3D printing stuff for free by a partnership, costs them nothing. Also they could fire a few guys in the windtunnel model making team as they are replaced by 3D printers. So yeah, that was a pretty good piece of PR from Bob Fernley.
"And all that is going ahead and moving forward. For the last four years, coming now to our fifth year, the team has been financed without any dependence on the shareholders' companies that they own.
So? That doesnt mean it is the case now.
"There is absolutely no substance to it anywhere and that's the thing that's very distressing."
There is enough to it.