Sauber C32 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Sauber C32 Ferrari

Malaysia 2013 - Wednesday (20.03.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Holm86

Didnt know that Sauber had such an advanced spray booth ....

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Nando
Nando

I´m surprised they don´t have mid and exit diff settings on the wheel, just entry.
Maybe you don´t need it today?

Edit: Visco i guess is diff-related too, and preload.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Gridlock

I'm surprised the ergonomics are so bad - look at the selection indicator on the central dial for instance. Now find it at 3 lateral G and 160mph.

stefan_
stefan_

They don't even see the buttons when they move them, not talking about what value selected on the button itself (like the little arrow in the centre one). They know where the dials (and the direction they have to be moved in order to increase or decrease the value) are and whenever they make a change it appears on the screen (which they can see), for ex.: ENT 8 / PRE 2 / KERS 4. This was explained by a Mercedes engineer when it made a demonstration on the W03 steering wheel and I presume it is available for everyone since they have more or less the same driving position.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Yes, with the speed and the vibration, it's impossible for a driver to see the settings on the steering wheel. Perhaps on the old Hockenheim track, Monza, Sepang ( on the two long straights ), China ( long straight ) they can afford to do that. But at Singapore or Monaco, it's impossible.

Artur Craft

What I am really curious is to see what RW will they use in Sepang.

Given they already used the low drag one even at Albert Park, it almost sure it will be the "spoon" one

This, imho, will be the first real test for C32 design philosophy. Hope it doesn't prove to be a failure concept

Forza

AMUS wrote:The vacuum in the fuel cell ripped off the mountings inside the chassis and cause the retirement for Hulkenberg at Australian GP. The leak in the tank was the result of a vacuum that was created during refuelling. The pressure was so high that one of the four mounting bolts was ripped off also damaging the fuel cell.The problem should not occur again with the use of new chassis at Malaysian GP.
F1 Malaysian GP - Thursday - 21/3/2013
http://i.imgur.com/SXnFHkq.jpg
Same angle as above - zoom of rear suspension http://i.imgur.com/JbWTCjD.jpg

Click to enlarge

Forza

F1 Malaysian GP - Friday FP - 22/3/2013
http://imgur.com/O03WEhL.jpg
http://imgur.com/4PtdVSc.jpg

aral
aral

Deleted. Fire extinguisher problem.

Forza

F1 Malaysian GP - Friday FP - 22/3/2013

F1.nl

Blackout

Nando
Nando

The car seems to be quite slippery.
Can´t remember what session but second to last corner Hamilton and Gutierrez was getting in each others way.
Hamilton got on the power earlier and deployed DRS earlier but as soon as "Gutti" hit the DRS he just took off like a bat out of hell.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

shelly
shelly

Forza wrote:
Click to enlarge
http://imgur.com/WznpovK.jpg
Is the chassis fin there just for legality reason? reminds me of mp4-13 in 1998. If it is a vortex generator instaed, that's interesting - could also be just for housing the chassis edge vortex
twitter: @armchair_aero