Sauber C33 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Sauber C33 Pre-launch Speculation

looks like the 2012 C31
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Holm86

wesley123 wrote:looks like the 2012 C31
C31 top view.

I dont think its the C31.

medeni73
medeni73

Holm86 wrote:If that is a true image the sidepods doesnt seem as fat as feared.
And it could confirm that Ferrari engine is very very sleek :)

f1316
f1316

Not sure what you mean about the front wing being the right size - looks the same as the 2012 one.

Holm86

f1316 wrote:Not sure what you mean about the front wing being the right size - looks the same as the 2012 one.
I think the wing is narrower on the blacked out car. On the 2012 car the wing endplates are flush with the wheel. They are not at the blacked out picture. But doesnt look narrow enough. But again its only 75 mm.

astracrazy
astracrazy

does anyone really believe that teams will post there new car in pictures like this? and even if they did make it so easy to see the car by changing the contrast?

If they really wanted to show it but hide it (if that makes sense) they would just delete the blacked out bits of the car so you can adjust it all you like but its not there

Holm86

astracrazy wrote:does anyone really believe that teams will post there new car in pictures like this? and even if they did make it so easy to see the car by changing the contrast?

If they really wanted to show it but hide it (if that makes sense) they would just delete the blacked out bits of the car so you can adjust it all you like but its not there
The nose seems to be deleted. Thats why I thought it plausible. And it looks like no other previous Sauber to me. The sidepods are too teardrop shaped. Saubers has allways been a bit "flat" at the sides of the sidepods.

SectorOne

that´s an old car with an old front wing.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

f1316
f1316

Holm86 wrote:
f1316 wrote:Not sure what you mean about the front wing being the right size - looks the same as the 2012 one.
I think the wing is narrower on the blacked out car. On the 2012 car the wing endplates are flush with the wheel. They are not at the blacked out picture. But doesnt look narrow enough. But again its only 75 mm.
I guess you're right actually, there is a slight difference. Still, I don't beleive it bares any relationship to the real 2014 car or the real front wing (endplates completely straight).

You never know though ;)

trinidefender
trinidefender

f1316 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
I guess you're right actually, there is a slight difference. Still, I don't beleive it bares any relationship to the real 2014 car or the real front wing (endplates completely straight).

You never know though ;)
How do you know the endplates are going to be completely straight?

f1316
f1316

trinidefender wrote:
How do you know the endplates are going to be completely straight?
No, I mean the opposite. In the image the endplates are completely straight whereas I'd imagine the teams will be doing a lot more to move the air around the tyres (one way or the other) this year.

They could, of course, have a launch car with a fake fw, but my point was that it doesn't tell us anything interesting.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ajprice wrote:Lightened version:
http://thumbsnap.com/i/VeqdWyXx.jpg?0121
so, they'll have no floor?

hmmm ain't the c32 either.

:wtf:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

so....it looks like it really is the C33 =D> hmmmm any topside views of sutil's seat fitting for comparison?

the front wings show a dead giveaway that it's none of any of the previous contenders. the shape of the flaps are different then other releases.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

xDama
xDama

It's funny how everybody thinks those teasers are actually going to be the real cars. It's about 10 times less work to make it from scratch in Photoshop, than to actually use the real car.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

we'll see if the car is presented if it'll actually match.