Toro Rosso STR9 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Toro Rosso STR9 Renault

Was it a test err filming day before Bahrain? The engine still sounds funny at partial throttle.

Thunder

First Picture from Melbourne via AMuS.

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

stefan_
stefan_

2014 Australian Grand prix - Wednesday, 12.03.2014

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

f1316
f1316

Saw the disucssion of the new front wing on twitter but it's the new concave nose that's more immediately striking to me, with its higher arches - presumably they're trying to get even more air underneath?

el-Magico
el-Magico

Flow-vis at the 2nd element.

Is it hard 2 wash it off?
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

PNSD
PNSD

Flow-vis paint still visible on STR front wing leading edge.

basti313
basti313

PNSD wrote:Flow-vis paint still visible on STR front wing leading edge.
So these are the things which came directly from the test...maybe just spare parts, the front wing they will use could be still in the garage...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Gridlock

Or it's been wind tunnel tested, I guess they use floviz there too (for trackside correlation purposes if nothing else)

RicerDude

Is there a rule saying you have to display a certain amount of bodywork pieces outside your garages? Or do they just not give a ****?

Thunder

They can show what they want . We didn't see anything from the RedBull and very little from Ferrari, Mercesed and McLaren for example.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Callum

RicerDude wrote:Is there a rule saying you have to display a certain amount of bodywork pieces outside your garages? Or do they just not give a ****?
It probably depends on how much space they have in their garage! Some teams have quite intricate bodywork holders that carry a many items within a small footprint. Maybe TR just ran out of room inside.

Anyway, it's not like the front wing isn't fully visible during the race.

stefan_
stefan_

2014 Australian Grand prix - Wednesday, 12.03.2014

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

RicerDude

Incredible to see that the wing is held on with just 4 M5 bolts.

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Dont underestimate bolts!!

Those will be without a doubt G10.9. Capable of 1.6 tonne at proof load. 4 of them is 6.6 tonne.
They would go smaller, but they are probably limited by the compressive load capable in the mountings!!
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Chuckjr

You engineers on this board carry around info like that in your back pockets like spare Tic Tacs - popping off details which are just fantastic to read. I'll say it again, thank you. =D> =D> =D>
Watching F1 since 1986.