Red Bull RB10 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zioture
zioture

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

Comparison Redbull RB10 Austria - Silverstone

henra
henra

zioture wrote:Comparison Redbull RB10 Austria - Silverstone
https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 6789_n.jpg
Apart from these minor modifications (which are on top of that in areas where I don't see a huge deficit in the car as it is) it is interesting to see so few obvious Major external modifications on the car so far. It still looks pretty basic compared to the In- season development pace RBR showed in the past (plus the level of Detail seems less developped than on the Merc which has not always been the case).
I'm wondering if they switched to 2015 development already.

zioture
zioture

henra wrote:
zioture wrote:Comparison Redbull RB10 Austria - Silverstone
https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 6789_n.jpg
Apart from these minor modifications (which are on top of that in areas where I don't see a huge deficit in the car as it is) it is interesting to see so few obvious Major external modifications on the car so far. It still looks pretty basic compared to the In- season development pace RBR showed in the past (plus the level of Detail seems less developped than on the Merc which has not always been the case).
I'm wondering if they switched to 2015 development already.
I agree, I expect big changes after the summer break. The Redbull works a lot in that period

gandharva

As the rumored new nose also didn't show up until now, I expect they already put the focus on 2015. Without a competetive engine WCC is out of reach and Renault already stated that there won't come much in the rest of the season beside software improvements and new fuel because of engine homologation. They imho will try to secure P2 in WCC (pace should not be a problem here, but incoming penalties because of too much used engine parts) for the money in 2015 and that's it.

Thunder

Silverstone In Season Test Day One:

Blown Front Axle ?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

DarkJRO

The frontrim is definetelly new and the axel could be blown. but does this really has any use? many teams tried and then droped it. or am i wrong?

From Monaco:
Greetings
Dark JRO

stefan_
stefan_

Great Britain Test - Tuesday (08.07.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

RicerDude

Not sure how new this is but the vanes in the diffuser now split in two towards the ends.

nhojekim
nhojekim

RicerDude wrote:http://i.imgur.com/GGV93K7.jpg
Not sure how new this is but the vanes in the diffuser now split in two towards the ends.
I dont think it splits in two, but rather there seems to be a cutout on it.

Morteza

Some nice shots of the front wing by auto motor und sport from Silverstone test:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

stefan_
stefan_

Germany 2014 - Friday (18.07.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

atlantis
atlantis

stefan_ wrote:Germany 2014 - Friday (18.07.2014)

ddrs? :)

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

RicerDude wrote:http://i.imgur.com/GGV93K7.jpg
I like the the way that the flow rig gives us a very good indication of flow from the diffuser. The centre is obviously worked harder to give the more vertical flow.

As for the notches in the underfloor vanes, I would guess that the notches are intended to act as VGs to help the flow stay attached.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

stefan_
stefan_

Germany 2014 - Saturday (19.07.2014)

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

I should of posted this sooner but did anyone see Ricciardo's DRS flapping around on lap 6 or 7 of Silverstone? He was passing Hulkenburg and he opened it and picked up a sort of draft off the force India. Anyways it looked awfully unstable flapping violently just prior to the braking point. after 3 years of DRS I haven't seen anything like this bar Alonso's failure in Bahrain back in 2012, but his was just stuck open this was just flapping. If anyone could add the video / gif, it would be appreciated.