Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Richard

Lotus E22 Renault

A quick reminder that the car threads are a haven for exploring the actual features of the actual car.

We have other threads for team & race conversations.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Time for the annual reminder that the car threads are for examining the actual features of the car. If the comment doesn’t relate to an observation of an actual detail on the car then it doesn’t belong in this thread.

For the avoidance of doubt, here are some examples:

• Whitmarsh, Vettel, and Boullier are not features on any car.
  • References to laptimes belong in the relevant test or race thread.
  • Seriously, there is nothing new to say about genitals, gaping fish, or monkeys with big noses. It’s all been said already. We don’t need endless reminders.
  • Soft focus effects belong in wedding albums, not technical posts.
  • “I love this team” or “the TP must be sacked” are fanboy posts
  • Links to a blog are OK as long if you make constructive objective posts here. Otherwise its just spam.

Finally, if you do see posts that are out of order then please report them so they can be dealt with appropriately.
[/color][/i][/b][/size]

stefan_

Lotus E22 Renault

Here she is.

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

AfroDude41

Re: Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

Italiano

That can't be real. Please don't let that be real.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

skoop

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

that nose kinda looks like the female counterpart to the d*ck noses :D

where did you get this picture? i didn't realise that they show their car today

sectionate

Interesting interpretation of the nose, much nicer than the McLaren phallic

gavingav1

The Tuning Fork --no wonder boullier left, although the car could hit the right note .After the words richard mille and between the gold swoosh on the nose is there a venturi tunnel behind the nose pylons--nose looks deep and slab sided --not very aero shaped
Last edited by gavingav1 on 24 Jan 2014, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

danielk

wow! just WOW! i think nobody saw that one coming! are they just trying to steal Mclarens thunder by revealing their car on same day? unannounced and unexpected.

I mean lotus car is much more of a talking point! Mclarens is as expected but LOTUS!! that nose!

CBeck113

Interesting that they made the nose asymetrical, but I can't believe that the FIA let them get away with it (i.e. aerodynamic function of the vanity panel, which must be the shorter side of the nose) ... there will be many changes before the second test, since this solution will be much better than the Williams & McLaren solutions.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

CBeck113

Edit - erased, double post
Last edited by CBeck113 on 24 Jan 2014, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

AfroDude41

They pretty much trolled McLaren on Twitter right after 12 GMT

i70q7m7ghw

It's a render because they haven't actually finished building it yet.

ecapox

January 6th: Boullier "We arent going to be at the first test in Jerez. We want to hide as many secrets of the car as possible....not because we arent ready and are having problems."

January 24th: Lotus "Oh hey guys, look at our new car....especially the nose part."

:roll: =D>

Trocola

The first non-pen*s car. Thanks god.

Looks great

timbo

I thought this solution is not legal?
Anyway, looks creative. Wonder how it works in jaw. I had the impression that was the problem with Williams walrus.

Cooling looks similar to McLaren.
Last edited by timbo on 24 Jan 2014, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.