Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Holm86

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

ringo wrote:I've created and tested a similar device like this back in the McLaren snow plow days. Not sure if I can find the thread, but it's eerily similar..
The whole point was to pull a suction from underneat the snowplow by virture of those gills.
This is slightly different in the shape of the gills and snow plow. But we're talking different regs and maybe 3 to 4 years difference.
So there will be a hole underneath each "pipe" ?? And a slit at the rear of each "pipe" section??

ringo

Maybe but then again this could be operating on a difference goal and principle.
My thing had more drag than the normal snow plow so I ditched it.
For Sure!!

neilbah
neilbah

what do they get called? bowling pins? :)

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Morteza

Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

Remember, the car threads are hardware threads, not for lap time analyses.

ringo

I'm not so sure you can exclude lap time analysis from the performance of the car.
I'm not saying the whole thread must transform into a graph analysis, dont get me wrong.
hardware alone will simply result in a dead thread by midseason when the cars converge.but that's just my opinion.
For Sure!!

seinfeld
seinfeld

Those brakes :o look amazing. any other teams run discs like that?

zack!
zack!

flyboy2160 wrote:Remember, the car threads are hardware threads, not for lap time analyses.
What is the appropriate thread where you moved my post ?
Oh, wait, you deleted my post ? :shock:
I just connect this morning because i looked forward to see if someone more experienced / skilled than me was interested by my question and see if we can correlate performance to tires temperature, and so see if hardware conception at the rear of the car can explain that (aerodynamic, suspension, damper, mass balance). I am sorry, but i think your moderation was not fair :x

PS : I will not complain anymore, so you can delete this post, but unecessary to take more severe sanction, like baning me from this site. [-o< :wink:

iotar__

I don't understand it either, is car's characteristics and behaviour on track (under-steer, oversteer) or base set up/preparation not a subject of this thread?

JDC123
JDC123

zack! wrote:
flyboy2160 wrote:Remember, the car threads are hardware threads, not for lap time analyses.
What is the appropriate thread where you moved my post ?
Oh, wait, you deleted my post ? :shock:
I just connect this morning because i looked forward to see if someone more experienced / skilled than me was interested by my question and see if we can correlate performance to tires temperature, and so see if hardware conception at the rear of the car can explain that (aerodynamic, suspension, damper, mass balance). I am sorry, but i think your moderation was not fair :x

PS : I will not complain anymore, so you can delete this post, but unecessary to take more severe sanction, like baning me from this site. [-o< :wink:
It seems the power these new moderators have has gone to their heads. I understand sometimes the threads go off topic a little but deleting things that are related to the performance of the cars (and being so arrogant about it) is just unfair.

Richard
Richard

We've always removed lap times from the car threads. It's impossible to correlate laptimes to specific features on a car.

trinidefender
trinidefender

richard_leeds wrote:We've always removed lap times from the car threads. It's impossible to correlate laptimes to specific features on a car.
Not really. If during practice a new feature was introduced to the cars or a change was made and lap times either went up or down then it is safe to say that at least part of the lap time change can be attributed to the new part. If you remove lat times from car threads then how can people discuss if new parts are working as intended or not? Pointing out new features of a car AND ANALYSING IF THE CHANGE WAS POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE as an F1 enthusiast community is the point of F1 car thread is it not?

If it is not then what thread can we do that? The team thread? Nope because we can't talk about specific parts there. The race thread? Nope because then everybody analysing different parts on different cars all at the same time for that specific race would get confusing. By default all we are left with is the car thread.

Lycoming
Lycoming

trinidefender wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:We've always removed lap times from the car threads. It's impossible to correlate laptimes to specific features on a car.
Not really. If during practice a new feature was introduced to the cars or a change was made and lap times either went up or down then it is safe to say that at least part of the lap time change can be attributed to the new part.
Not quite. Are they low fuel or high fuel? options or primes? did they make a setup change as well? are they doing long runs or quali sim? etc...

Unless you're on the pitwall, you can't really attribute lap times to specific bits of hardware.

stefan_
stefan_

Bahrain Testing - Day 1 (08.04.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985