McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
KingHamilton01

Re: McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

Mesteño wrote:I still find it odd. I mean, last year there was a huge change in the rules and there were media launches, this year teams have had more time to focus on 2015 car. Plus media launches always atract sponsorships, and McLaren needs them.
McLaren has a big enough budget to not need a title sponsor, however I think it would be a boost to the team if they can find one. They have made it clear they won't give away that chance for small money!
McLaren Mercedes

604gtir
604gtir

the best money to spend is someone elses :D

chumma
chumma

Its definitely a far cry from the mid to late 90s and early naughties with the extravagant unveilings of cars, 1997 McLaren had a concert with the Spice Girls and Jamiroquai for heavens sake haha, I think the last 'big' car launch may have been McLaren's car launch in 07 with the fireworks/F1 cars driving on a mini circuit in Valencia. There have been some great ones over the year, Benetton in 99 had lots of smoke and laser lights haha

Ioan
Ioan

I don't care much about the livery if the car is competitive. I remember - unfortunately - honda's excuse of a livery with their Earth approach when the car was fighting at the back of the grid. The team was more concerned about writing tiny names on the car than making it competitive. That livery was a joke, absurd, people were laughing - kind of the way they laughed at Honda Insight - plain ugly. Sometimes I wonder what the heck is going on in their minds. I'm afraid the engine will be lacking power. Time will tell. Meanwhile they have very good drivers.

Lucky
Lucky

Marca
Last edited by Lucky on 27 Jan 2015, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Vasconia

The article has a funny title haha. Well, Marca is not a very reliable newspaper when its about F1 but we will see, I cannot see the information but I can guess some of the "theoretic updates" of the car.

Black car? it would be absolutely surprising.

mikeerfol

Yeah someone has to translate this.. :lol:

Mesteño

THE DARK KNIGHT

They say Alonso twitted that image for creating expectation and a bigger surprise. It is not definitive because they lack main sponsor and it may change in Australia. The car is Tim Goss' but has the supervision of Prodromou ¿?. Prodromou team won many points of aerodynamics. Red Bull style nose with S-duct like Mercedes. No butterfly suspension.

If true then it is a point for Marca. I can just believe them because they know people around Alonso and he supossedly saw the car yesterday.

The car to me looks awesome.
Last edited by Mesteño on 27 Jan 2015, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

mikeerfol

Maybe black is a testing livery?

chumma
chumma

saw a picture on twitter just now of Fernando in his overalls, woof, they look like something bought from the corner store. Mobil, Honda and Johnny Walker. Thats it. Sad sign of the times.

Felipe 92

Marca translated with Google photo translation app :

Two days after that presenting the MP4-30, the car restarts the historical Marriage between McLaren and Honda, the main novelty is that the first images that look of a car will be the rigorous black. Segun has learned marca , that will be the decoration with which roll for the first time in Jerez on Sunday, with Fernando Alonso feeling the first touch and taste of its controls, The Spaniard saw him yesterday for the first time in Technology Center in Woking, where he went on to become the seat and possibly have the first contact with his new office in the simulator. It is very likely also to record their first impressions of the car and made official photos you will see in two days. "McLaren interesting Dia ', tweeted the pilot with a picture of two historic cars painted orange. Was kick to many speculations about the tone of the new machine, although it seems that wanted play the dismissal to produce a greater surprise. Was also completed car mount smoothly and the Honda motor ceremony was followed by the protocol plausos tore it. It seems that the problems of Abu Dhabi test will already have been forgotten. But it seems that not be the final model in co aesthetic. A lack of announcement of an ob main sponsor without stickers will be clear that in his Body, have chosen to perform the test com motorcycling style, with fiber carbon in its original key, then change when they come to Australia. Williams did in 2014, with a navy discreet, was presented to the final with you the colors of Martini Racing. Nor is it logical that voluntarily go to coincide with Lotus and to contribute to the visual confusion. Goss work and Prodromou. Apart from the exterior, the new car has been designed under the conservatorship of Tim Goss, linden with the advice of Peter Prodromou, the new technical boss torn from the side of Adrian Newey to Red Bull, which began work on September 15 at the new location. It is said that the new working group has won many points of aerodynamic load on the wind tunnel for the new car. In November, the MP4-30 was already more efficient than its predecessor according announced Eric Boullier, sports director of McLaren, in these pages. It is expected that besides the keel nose ce type or thumb transplanted philosophy of Red Bull RB10 the new McLaren, s-duct system will be introduced. It is a passageway through the nose below the nose up and providing an extra load on the front axle,which contributes to its stability in cornering. Mercedes makes a couple of years that introduced this system. The suspensions are another revised points after the prohibition of fric (fully hydraulic suspension) last year. The pontoons and the engine cover will be new to accompany the change of philosophy.

Richard
Richard

chumma wrote:saw a picture on twitter just now of Fernando in his overalls,...
Mesteño wrote:They say Alonso twitted that image ...
Please do include links so we can see what you're talking about! I can't see images that match what you're talking about on Alonso's twitter account :arrow:
https://twitter.com/alo_oficial

Also this is the place to talk abut the car, not the colour of the overalls. Go to the team thread for that sort of stuff :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

Mesteño

http://youtu.be/OCjkJoFGuRU

In this video Matt Morris talks about "how well packacged the car is due to the good job Honda has done with the engine".

Quite interesting.

Vasconia

Mesteño wrote:http://youtu.be/OCjkJoFGuRU

In this video Matt Morris talks about "how well packacged the car is due to the good job Honda has done with the engine".

Quite interesting.
It sounds good! the power of engine is essential but its integration is also extremely important so if Honda has done a good job it will be a great benefit for the team.

dren

Mesteño wrote:http://youtu.be/OCjkJoFGuRU

Quite interesting.
That is interesting considering the 29 had a well packaged Mercedes unit.
Honda!