Mclaren MP4-29H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sasha
Sasha

Re: Mclaren MP4-29H

He confirmed what I already stated,that the Honda PU is split-turbo with air-to-air intercooler and I didn't get paid like him for the story.

Racer X

Split Turbo that sounds awesome....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Moose
Moose

Sasha wrote:He confirmed what I already stated,that the Honda PU is split-turbo with air-to-air intercooler and I didn't get paid like him for the story.
Presumably, that's because you didn't write it ;)

aleks_ader

Sasha wrote:He confirmed what I already stated,that the Honda PU is split-turbo with air-to-air intercooler and I didn't get paid like him for the story.

So yeah you wanna cookie?

Otherwise that is Scarbs job to do. And it is fair to pay for its efforts! It is not easy to get "legally" all pictures and "inside" information. We should respect that.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

dren

Moose wrote:
Presumably, that's because you didn't write it ;)
He did state it:

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 75#p545675

And hinted at it back in the middle of October:

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... &start=150
Honda!

FW17

someone did a copper and black photoshop livery for mclaren; looks cool

Glyn
Glyn

WilliamsF1 wrote:someone did a copper and black photoshop livery for mclaren; looks cool

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=55015178

I've literally never uttered the words "whoah... that loooks immense" at a formula 1 car livery before.

OMG. They need that asap.

mclaren111

Can someone send this to McLaren !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasha ????????????

WaikeCU

Copper is the new black!

zac510
zac510

Will it turn green by the end of the race?
No good turn goes unpunished.

dren

That would be one real looker! That's close to the color Mclaren shows their road cars in.
Honda!

Moose
Moose

It would be a real looker, but don't get your hopes up - that much metallic paint is heavy. That said, McLaren already figured out how to do it for chrome, I wonder if they can for bronze too.

mikeerfol

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117127
McLaren-Honda F1 team embarks on 'recovery plan' after test trouble

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says his Formula 1 team has implemented a recovery plan to fix the issues it suffered with its new Honda engine in post-season testing.

The Woking squad ran its Honda-engined MP4-29H development car in the final test of 2014 in Abu Dhabi last month, but the car completed just three full laps across two days as it suffered a spate of electrical problems.

Boullier said after the test that the car would be returned to Woking for a "full investigation" and did not rule out using another 'filming day' before 2015 testing commences to make up for lost time.

Speaking to reporters at a special media conference called to announce McLaren's 2015 driver line-up on Thursday, Boullier said work to fix the electrical problems was ongoing.

"They worked hard for a week, found out everything, and a recovery plan is in place," he said.

"It was not only one problem. There were hardware issues that made the wrong software codes, so we had to first find out what was wrong in the hardware system to fix the software system.

"Part of it has already been fixed, there are now some further tests on dynos to validate."

PlatinumZealot

Because Autosport pays for "media packages" not the bare bones ideas themselves.

I could give you a perfect example.

In early 2012 when the Mclaren Coanda exhaust came out (and I was in prime) people were puzzled as to how it worked. No one confirmed at the time what effects were taking place - was it blowing the diffuser? was it blowing the wing? We had the usual winter testing discussions here on F1-tech. I did a few carefully set up CFD simulations and sure enough the CFD showed us some new things and confirmed a lot of things. I posted my results here on F1-tech in the form of images - what happens to the exhaust stream at differnet speeds. My photobucket crashed. Steven hosted it on some other site. The images were viewed by tens of thousands. It felt like an achievement. All good and great, right?

Nope.. the most shocking thing happened. I found my Images on a sports website with my watermark erased and some body's logo replacing it, posted by a certain journalist therefore implying the images are his original work! And You can bet he was paid a handsome sum for the story, which was built around the images! I felt violated. He gave no credit at all. I wrote to the website claiming that they infringed on my copyright and I got an apology soon after. I don't remember if they took down the images or if they gave me the credits..... Of course I got no money for it if you were wondering.

I don't always agree with Scarb's concepts sometimes, and he may gather concepts from different sources (that is what journalists do) but I know his work to be original. In fact used to read his site before I came here. We obviously know he cannot come up with 100% the things he writes about, but that his job is get the info from different sources to present those ideas to the wider public.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

RA168E
RA168E

dren wrote:That would be one real looker! That's close to the color Mclaren shows their road cars in.
Im still really hoping for a red and white car..or red and chrome, somehow throw a couple barcodes on the airbox..