Toro Rosso STR10 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Toro Rosso STR10 Speculation Thread

This is the speculation thread about the 2015 car. Rumors, articles, ideas and fantasies about the car can be posted here. Once the car gets officially launched, this thread will be closed and discussion continues in the official thread.
#AeroFrodo

scarbs
scarbs

Re: Torro Rosso STR10 Speculation Thread

When speaking to James Key in Abu Dhabi he didnt let slip a lot about the 015 car, but did explain the strong points of the 014 package. He suggested the revised nose with its keel pod and S duct were a strong direction for the team, so I suspect the 015 car will have similar directions, thus a "T" cross section nose and thumb tip, as we saw on the Marussia, plus an S duct.

Quite how the height at the front of the chassis between the BB and AA bulkheads differs will be interesting. the 014 car had these at the lower heights and the sloped reg for this year may not need to be applied to the front of the tub.

He also suggested the Renault PU package and cooling would be majorly revised, although this will probably show itself under the skin and less in the sidepod shape. As their roll hoop fed engine oil coolers were being copied by Marussia, its likely these will remain as well.

lio007

+1
Thanks scarbs.

Hope this revision of the PU gives all the Renault-Teams a performance boost.

Blackout

+1 Thanks Scarbs.
the Renault PU package and cooling* would be majorly revised
IMO turbo layout wont change a lot. According to Taffin, the 015 PU was still running a classic layout until September. Do you think Renault make such a change (move to a split turbo layout) in just 5 months? I doubt it. Unless Taffin was 'sandbagging'... but why would he?
If turbo doesn't change, MGUH position do not need to be changed... unless Renault decides to place the H between the compressor and the tubine like ferrari for example in order to put a Ferrari like 'V' intercooler* betwwen the heads, closer to the turbo ?
MGUK position wont change IMO.
Battery shape will change according to Espimperium as well as the engine's oil tank.
What about the control units?

*What if STR switches the engine oil rads and intercooler water rad positions: place the engine oil rads in the sidepods (low and backwards where the 2014 air-air intercoolers used to sit) and put the intercooler's water rads up there? : P

GoranF1
GoranF1

Toro Rosso ‏@ToroRossoSpy 31m31 minutes ago
Our #STR10 has passed all the crash tests. Sneak a peek! La STR10 ha passato tutti i crash test! Sbirciata? ;) #F1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

adrianjordan

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Toro Rosso ‏@ToroRossoSpy 31m31 minutes ago
Our #STR10 has passed all the crash tests. Sneak a peek! La STR10 ha passato tutti i crash test! Sbirciata? ;) #F1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7KcWpkIIAAR089.jpg
Is that an ellipse?? :P
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Moose
Moose

adrianjordan wrote:

Pretty sure it's actually a hyperbola. Maybe Toro Rosso have found the power of a new conical section, and are going to wreak havoc on the field!

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

common on f1 design, a radius curve

geraldix
geraldix

adrianjordan wrote:

Oh my gawd, this car must have so many ellipses on it they are starting to pop out! :o

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

Behold, they invented something called a Hole. This will change History. They will be unbeatable in 2015.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

geraldix
geraldix

Thunders wrote:Behold, they invented something called a Hole. This will change History. They will be unbeatable in 2015.
Are you sure of that? This Hole novelty seams pretty lame, ellipse-wise.

ringo

Hobbs04 wrote:common on f1 design, a radius curve
Nope not common at all.

Anyways guys wrong car. It's the redbull you need to look at. 8)
For Sure!!

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

They know how to tease...

Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

FrukostScones

with the very old schlong-nose... not! Williams does it better!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.