Red Bull Renault works team as of 2015

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
user001
user001

Red Bull Renault works team as of 2015

Christian Horner was quoted that Renault and Red Bull are much deeper and intensivley working together in 2015. This could be regarded as beeing the works team. In a report it was said that Red Bull is concentrating on the ERS and Renault of the other part of the electric part of engine development.

What do you think? Partnering much closer as of that, do you regard this as a works team relationship and do you see potential in it to be as good as ferrari and mercedes?

Mamba
Mamba

Re: Red Bull Renault works team as of 2015

I definiatly hope so, but we will have to see how good the car is. Judging by Ferrari this year it can be either good or bad! I hope they can give the Mercs a run for their money in 2015 but then again that Merc will be tough competitor!
Perhaps McLaren and Honda... 8)

MAMBA

noname
noname

winth304 wrote:Christian Horner was quoted that Renault and Red Bull are much deeper and intensivley working together in 2015. This could be regarded as beeing the works team. In a report it was said that Red Bull is concentrating on the ERS and Renault of the other part of the electric part of engine development.

What do you think? Partnering much closer as of that, do you regard this as a works team relationship and do you see potential in it to be as good as ferrari and mercedes?
IMHO the most obvious way to success is to put whole power unit under one person.

Splitting responsibilities is a recipe for problems. Who will have final word in this relationship?

Blackout

Design and simulation too...
You've got the same engine partner for next year, how big a step do you feel Renault can make?

We're working very closely with Renault and Renault are doing the right things now. They've got the right people involved, they're working tremendously hard, they know what they've got to achieve and to be honest with you even if we could half the gap it would at least enable us to give Mercedes a bit of a fight.

Were there times this year where you seriously considered changing your engine partner? That these regulations required something fresh to close the gap?

Well … not really. It's very simple. We have a very long-standing relationship with Renault, we've won a lot of races with them. Mercedes would never give us an engine, Ferrari you can only ever be a customer there and it would be wrong to forget in a short space of time all the good we've achieved over the previous four or five seasons with Renault.

So what we've chosen to do is the harder route but to get more embedded, more involved in the organisation. Both Viry and Milton Keynes now are much closer together.

How much will that relationship change next year compared to this year?

It will evolve. It will evolve but it will be a much tighter involvement between Milton Keynes and Viry.

There was a management change after the summer which was very positive, and I think other aspects we're taking on more and more aspects of design and simulation in the UK. So that's only complementing the work that Renault are doing in Viry.

What about the threat from Honda coming in? Do you see that as another team that could potentially challenge yourselves and Mercedes or is it always likely to take time?

I think it's a loss of energy to be worrying about other people's issues. All my focus is sorting our issues out. We do the best we can and the great thing about this sport is every two weeks you know whether it is good enough or not. We've got confidence in ourselves, we've got confidence in Renault that they will address the issues that they've experienced this year and I think that rather than worrying about others we're better focusing on our own issues and trying to catch the Mercedes.
http://www.crash.net/f1/interview/21243 ... er-qa.html

But we already have an RBR Renault 2015 car and an RBR team thread
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 12&t=20812
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... &start=720

astracrazy
astracrazy

I'm not sure it will be as good as in house development of both chassis and engine (like merc and ferrari). We will have to see.

It looks to me like Red Bull have stomped there feet a bit about leaving them (like in Austria) so Renault have made them #1 and are willing to bend over backwards to do what Red Bull want so Red Bull will now be calling the shots.

aral
aral

rather surprised at the comments here. it is open knowledge that red bull have put their own engineers into the renault engine plant, to help improve the engine. this was stated by marko last august . at that time there was even suggestions that red bull were taking over the engine manufacturing operation.