Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bhall II
bhall II

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

I was referring to stagnation under the floor. But, I'm interested in the idea that stagnant flow over the floor is used like a splitter. Do you mean it somehow diverts air flow around the wheel rather than directly onto it?

At any rate, this is where my idea of the underbody flow solution originated...

I could be saying 2+2=5 here. But, I do know that most air flow that passes between the front wheels never makes it to the diffuser; instead, it's redirected outward by the bargeboards and creates downforce at the front of the floor. Otherwise, underbody efficiency would be markedly reduced, because anything less than a full-width diffuser is incapable of moving mass flow at the same rate in which it's introduced into the system.

My idea is that the slots "push" outboard the area of mid-floor stagnation such that the scope of the bottleneck is reduced.

PlatinumZealot

You cannot stop the stagnation but you can create a vortex to shield from it. The mclaren cut out and the ferrari floor gills look like vortex generators to me. The ferrari one being visually more refined looks to combine small vortices into a strong long one.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GrndLkNatv
GrndLkNatv

I know more than a few of the old guard from Maranello applied for positions with Haas. I was privy to several myself.
pciarro wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:
pciarro wrote:Well, I guess they discussed this option with the FIA before relocating people to the HAAS windtunnel.
Anyway, I don't think it's very different compared to the collaboration between RedBull and ToroRosso.

That being said, I don't think this has anything to do with the progress of this year car. I think they are only working on next year car.
Ferrari staff did not relocate to HASS windtunnel they are all working out of the Ferrari windtunnel
You are right. But it seems they temporary working for HASS.
Machines are fixed with tools and parts and people with kindness and understanding.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Suzuka

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

FW17

Have Ferrari removed the Gills on top of the radiators or are they yet to be fitted.

F1NAC

probably yet to be fitted

FrukostScones

Gills here rhs:

pic from AMUS aka automotorundsport.de
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Hail22

Suzukua Japan - Thursday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

A "tech analysis" from Piola at Motorsport.com. A bit vanilla but it's tech nonetheless.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tech- ... -dominate/

Hail22

Suzuka Japan - Friday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

In Suzuka, Giorgio Piola has confirmed with Ferrari that the new floor and the new rear brake ducts provided a significant increase in rear downforce of the SF-15T.

Ferrari: the brake duct works in synergy with the bib
On SF15-T confirmed the bottom which allowed a significant increase in load in Singapore

Ferrari has confirmed the aerodynamic package which led to Singapore: also in Suzuka is used the bottom with the eight slots lapping the outer edge and the more traditional one place in front of the rear wheel. Reappears in the photo Effe Tech 1 also the rear brake duct with a foot curved flap that works in synergy with the bib vertical is no longer just a separator flows, but again has a function effectively in directing streams working in proximity of the wheel to reduce the effect disrupted.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/66035/ ... la-bavetta

Hail22

Suzuka Japan - FP2

Gilles Villeneuve

BlackSwan
BlackSwan

RZS10

Some special cover to preheat the brakes?