Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Frafer
Frafer

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

I do believe that with those regulations we aren't going to see a lot of aero-wise upgrades during this season. I am pretty confident that we are near to the maximum efficiency for that point, a lot of stuff have stayed more or less the same since 2009 and we've already two big upgrades rampage, with front wings and ebd. Now there isn't a lot of room for more, IMHO
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

PhillipM
PhillipM

Frafer wrote:I do believe that with those regulations we aren't going to see a lot of aero-wise upgrades during this season. I am pretty confident that we are near to the maximum efficiency for that point, a lot of stuff have stayed more or less the same since 2009 and we've already two big upgrades rampage, with front wings and ebd. Now there isn't a lot of room for more, IMHO
There's always room for more, just the performance increments get smaller and the details finer.

turbof1

Italiano wrote:I also suspect that the new nose camera mountings are a done deal on the new nose. It really makes no sense to remanufacture this nose with alternate mountings. I'm confident we will see a very different face of the SF15 in Melbourne.
I think they'll now be looking at what Mercedes did. Not too difficult to implement that, and the FIA declared that legal.
#AeroFrodo

zioture
zioture

Frafer
Frafer

PhillipM wrote:
Frafer wrote:I do believe that with those regulations we aren't going to see a lot of aero-wise upgrades during this season. I am pretty confident that we are near to the maximum efficiency for that point, a lot of stuff have stayed more or less the same since 2009 and we've already two big upgrades rampage, with front wings and ebd. Now there isn't a lot of room for more, IMHO
There's always room for more, just the performance increments get smaller and the details finer.
Indeed that's what i meant
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

Cale24
Cale24

Seems odd to leave the new nose for a debut in Melbourne without any testing- especially after we're read how big an effect it has (nose changes for this year in general) on airflow over the car. They're verifying all manner of other wind tunnel associated data with sensors and yet one seemingly very valid one is left to theory? Weird.
Maybe it'll appear over the next three days, I certainly hope so.

f300v10
f300v10

Autosport reporting Kimi will try out new aero parts tomorrow:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117836

poolboy67

f300v10 wrote:Autosport reporting Kimi will try out new aero parts tomorrow:

you mean vettel?
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

stefan_
stefan_

2015 Winter testing | Session 3, Day 1 - Circuit de Catalunya, Spain (26.02.2015)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

f300v10
f300v10

poolboy67 wrote:
f300v10 wrote:Autosport reporting Kimi will try out new aero parts tomorrow:

you mean vettel?
It may indeed be Vettel in the car tomorrow, but Autosport headlined the article as Kimi trying the new the new parts on Friday.

PlatinumZealot

The new jet black paint job on the front wishbones looking stunning! I like it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Italiano
Italiano

turbof1 wrote:
Italiano wrote:I also suspect that the new nose camera mountings are a done deal on the new nose. It really makes no sense to remanufacture this nose with alternate mountings. I'm confident we will see a very different face of the SF15 in Melbourne.
I think they'll now be looking at what Mercedes did. Not too difficult to implement that, and the FIA declared that legal.
As stupid and ridiculous as it looks...yes. Sometimes I think that the FIA should just make a drawing of a certain element like this that gets waaay too much attention for what its worth and tell the teams "if it looks like this, its legal, otherwise, bugger off". Until then, we'll see engineers push beyond what is thought possible. :mrgreen:
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

F1NAC

Camera mountings new? In this angle looks a bit different

Last edited by F1NAC on 27 Feb 2015, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

poolboy67

no they look just the same.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.