Red Bull RB11 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Red Bull RB11 Renault

Compare the distance from the tip of the nose to the mid-point of the wing.
Check my previous post I put the two pictures side by side. It is very obvious the virtual launch had the short nose design,which is much shorter than the one used in winter testing and the flyaways. A little tiny tweak here and there on the pylons is not a big deal, the main thing is the short nose was presented at launch. It is nothing new. We were all expecting something completely new when it was already shown to us.

Edit: let me just post it here again (differnt page)...

Virtual launch spec (note where the tip of the nose is):

Winter testing (if you don't see the differnce, better check spec savers):

"New" short nose (basically the same thing shown in the launch rendering but for pylon tweak):

πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

trinidefender
trinidefender

From what I can tell you are both slightly correct and slightly incorrect. The nose shown in the car release images has a nose that does appear to be shorter than what was running in testing and in the season before this new nose was introduced. However the new nose that was introduced is not the nose that was shown in the release images. The new nose is shorter like in the release images but what the release images don't show is A. the largely re-profiled front wing supports and B. The parts next to the central forward section of the nose having been cut back quite a bit. Almost like the nose Torro Rosso ran last year.

rayden
rayden

The launch render is a lot closer to the long nose.

Looks nothing like the new barca short nose (in both length & look)

turbof1

trinidefender wrote:From what I can tell you are both slightly correct and slightly incorrect. The nose shown in the car release images has a nose that does appear to be shorter than what was running in testing and in the season before this new nose was introduced. However the new nose that was introduced is not the nose that was shown in the release images. The new nose is shorter like in the release images but what the release images don't show is A. the largely re-profiled front wing supports and B. The parts next to the central forward section of the nose having been cut back quite a bit. Almost like the nose Torro Rosso ran last year.
This. The rendered pictures basically are the "long" nose with a piece chopped off. The new nose has a complete different shape, and looks more reminiscent to the Mercedes nose, but wider and bigger pylons.

That's the issue with renders: I could render my butthole as the exhaust exit and everyone would believe it's innovative.
Oh look, how aerodynamically that exit is shaped! It must be ejecting the fumes at a very high velocity!
Well yes sir, it is.

After that digusting joke, I'm going to loose my title as most popular moderator of the year, right?
#AeroFrodo

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

RB 6 diffuser :

PlatinumZealot

Back from the dead...

This design was used a few years ago!

edit.. never mind!

PlatinumZealot

rayden wrote:The launch render is a lot closer to the long nose.

In that it isn't long, but short like the Barca short nose? :roll:

Whether it's asymmetrical front wings, pivoting tea trays, shadow vents, or reflective holes, F1 technical never lets me down.

wesley123
wesley123

PlatinumZealot wrote:

No, in that it is of similar proportions of the actual nose used in testing and pre-Barcelona.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

lio007

New wavy Rear Wing Γ‘ la McLaren, or are my eyes playing tricks to me?

techF1LES

If you look closer, you'll see that it's normal trailing edge, just the last few centimetres of the mainplane is unpainted (bare) CF.

JDC123
JDC123

Seems like we haven't seen Red Bull running a high downforce rear wing in ages.

fawe4
fawe4

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Whether it's asymmetrical front wings, pivoting tea trays, shadow vents, or reflective holes, F1 technical never lets me down.
I have to disagree. He is correct in assessing it's not the same nose as the one in release render. The steepness of whole nose, shape of support pylons, length and shape of crash structure thumb, are all different compared to the launch render.

It's the same general idea, but done differently.

PlatinumZealot

fawe4 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

I have to disagree. He is correct in assessing it's not the same nose as the one in release render. The steepness of whole nose, shape of support pylons, length and shape of crash structure thumb, are all different compared to the launch render.

It's the same general idea, but done differently.
This is entirely my point. Short versus long and in all the talk of the coming of the short nose, no one noticed that a short nose design was already shown to us. Not in any RedBull short nose article did anyone refer to the virtual launch short nose which is ironic.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

BlackSwan
BlackSwan