Mercedes AMG F1 W06

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dans79

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W06

giantfan10 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
j2004p wrote:Rosberg bolts on some softs and finally unleashes the W06's potential.

2.4 seconds faster than Hamilton's pole last year, over a second faster than anyone this week at Barcelona

They must have clawed back a substantial amount of down force. Are they running a new floor?
last years pole time was on mediums in much hotter temperatures so pump the brakes a few times ...
Rosberg's time from 21013 testing in Barcelona was 120.13 on mediums. So his time today was 2.662 seconds off his 2013 time. Thus I'll say it again they have clawed back a lot of down force, specially when you considers tires now are harder and less griper than back then.
197 104 103 7

Matt Somers
Matt Somers

Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

Matt Somers
Matt Somers

Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

Redragon

The new nose and camera pods remind me of Jar Jar Binks

Richard
Richard

The simplest rule for the cameras is to say the height must be between the wishbones.

jericho

Karun Chandhok ‏@karunchandhok 4 min4 minuten geleden

Someone from a rival team told me they didn't see Nico open the DRS on his quali runs... If his eyes didn't lie, that's even more worrying!

:shock:

PlatinumZealot

Yes.. OMINOUS!!

People are calling the Car "God Mode" now! :mrgreen:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

stefan_
stefan_

The W06 is just waking up. There's more to come.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

matt_s
matt_s

matt_s wrote:It's interesting how Merc are treating the innermost element of the FW (bottom right in the pic) compared to other teams. They have a pronounced turning vane directing flow to the outside of the tyre whereas most of the other teams are using that area for a winglet, (sometimes with a vortex generator) pointing to the inside of the wheel. The only other team with a detached turning vane like that is Lotus, who interestingly have the same nose as Merc.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m8dT ... 1L6632.jpg
I thought this was interesting the other day as Merc seemed different. Now Ferrari, Force India, and Williams all have new wings with similar configurations.

Aaronque
Aaronque

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

PlatinumZealot wrote:Yes.. OMINOUS!!

People are calling the Car "God Mode" now! :mrgreen:
These people wouldn't happen to be a the children on the Autosport forum, would they?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Aaronque
Aaronque

Awesome view
Interesting rear break duct

lewishamilton90
lewishamilton90

Mercedes: la W06 Hybrid si è anche snellita!
Le pance della freccia d'argento sono più strette e ha debuttato un nuovo sistema ibrido evoluto
28 febbraio 2015 10:44 Mercedes: la W06 Hybrid si è anche snellita!
La Mercedes detta legge: anche se la monoposto di Aldo Costa continua a dominare la scena (secondo le voci del paddock la freccia d'argento con le gomme più morbide può arrivare a Barcellona ad un tempo di 1'21"5) visto che ieri la prestazione di Nico Rosberg è stata ottenuta con 30 kg di benzina nel serbatoio.(omnicorse)
translate please

SilverArrow10

lewishamilton90 wrote:Mercedes: la W06 Hybrid si è anche snellita!
Le pance della freccia d'argento sono più strette e ha debuttato un nuovo sistema ibrido evoluto
28 febbraio 2015 10:44 Mercedes: la W06 Hybrid si è anche snellita!
La Mercedes detta legge: anche se la monoposto di Aldo Costa continua a dominare la scena (secondo le voci del paddock la freccia d'argento con le gomme più morbide può arrivare a Barcellona ad un tempo di 1'21"5) visto che ieri la prestazione di Nico Rosberg è stata ottenuta con 30 kg di benzina nel serbatoio.(omnicorse)
translate please
Stick it google translate for Christ sakes........
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

murtoidf1
murtoidf1

This what I got.

The bellies of the Silver Arrow are narrower and debuted a new hybrid system evolved
February 28, 2015 10:44 Mercedes : the W06 Hybrid has also slimmed down !
The Mercedes that law : although the car of Aldo Costa continues to dominate the scene ( according to the rumors of the paddock the silver arrow with the softer tires can get to Barcelona at a time of 1'21 " 5 ) since yesterday the provision of Nico Rosberg was obtained with 30 kg of gas in the tank

So the relatively hot lap Rosberg did yesterday was apparently done with 30kg in the tank. I wonder how they found that out - paddock talk whispers I'm guessing? Although not directly related, I also remember hearing that each team has a certain amount of fuel they tend to run when in practise, or possibly testing.