Haas 2016 car Ferrari speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GM7

Haas 2016 car Ferrari speculation Thread

This is the speculation thread about the 2016 car. Rumors, articles, ideas and fantasies about the car can be posted here. Once the car gets officially launched, this thread will be closed and discussion continues in the official thread.

Hello everyone, sorry for my poor english but this afternoon i see before FP1 in the french TV a video about Grosjean and Haas by Laurent Dupin (a famous french journalist like Ted Kravitz in England). So i caught some pictures very interesting, in my opinion it's could be the Haas F1 2016.

In the first we can see a F1 who look like the Ferrari F1 2015 but with a shorter nose. And on the second we can see a Haas livery with sponsors put on a RedBull 2014 i suppose.

GM7

Re: Haas F1 2016

Hello, i see an other picture today !

We can see the front wing, who is look like the Mercedes one, and the engine cover who look like the Ferrari one. What do you think about this picture ?

scarbs

Those 3D models are the 015 Merc and 014 RBR. not a HAAS.

dmjunqueira

scarbs wrote:Those 3D models are the 015 Merc and 014 RBR. not a HAAS.
You mean: Yellow ones are Mercs and Black/Red are Red Bulls...right?
I see the resemblance of the noses.

But I wonder how precise are these "copied" 3D models...
They copy them just from pictures?...If so, that's almost an artistic work.

GM7

I'm talking about the yellow model, look at the nose it's not the Mercedes one...Yes the black and red it's a 2014 RBR but it's just a livery.

santos

GM7 wrote:I'm talking about the yellow model, look at the nose it's not the Mercedes one...Yes the black and red it's a 2014 RBR but it's just a livery.
That's not a 2016 car. The rear wing will be lower.

dmjunqueira

If the livery from RBR "copied" model is confirmed next year on Hass cars...Oh boy...Another black/reddish car on the grid!!! :(
These people don't have any creativity?

I remember Gene Haas himself, criticizing the boring liveries of current F1 cars somewhere.

Cuky

santos wrote:
GM7 wrote:I'm talking about the yellow model, look at the nose it's not the Mercedes one...Yes the black and red it's a 2014 RBR but it's just a livery.

I haven't heard about any rule change regarding rear wings for 2016, only for 2017.

santos

Cuky wrote:
santos wrote:

I haven't heard about any rule change regarding rear wings for 2016, only for 2017.
:oops: you're right. I thought it was next year.

GM7

dmjunqueira wrote:If the livery from RBR "copied" model is confirmed next year on Hass cars...Oh boy...Another black/reddish car on the grid!!! :(

I remember Gene Haas himself, criticizing the boring liveries of current F1 cars somewhere.
So Mobil 1, Coca-Cola and Bosch are their sponsors ? Will they use the Shell or the Mobil 1 oil ?

trinidefender

GM7 wrote:
dmjunqueira wrote:If the livery from RBR "copied" model is confirmed next year on Hass cars...Oh boy...Another black/reddish car on the grid!!! :(

So Mobil 1, Coca-Cola and Bosch are their sponsors ? Will they use the Shell or the Mobil 1 oil ?
If Mobil 1 is going to be a sponsor then I imagine they would use their lubricants and maybe fuel. What about the McLaren Mobil 1 sponsorship?

FW17

ME4ME

Interesting interview with Gene Haas:
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12040/ ... 16-chances
"I think our chassis is going to be substantially different in construction from the Ferrari one, because we're just doing it separately. We think our chassis in some ways will be better than a Ferrari chassis because we're using some more…I won't say state of the art but we're taking a different approach than Ferrari is and we think it's probably a better design. The Ferrari is more conventional, they're going to stay with what they've been doing for a number of years. I think there could be some big differences there."
I think it would be wise for Haas not to raise expectations too much.
Very much looking forward to pre-season testing to see how much mileage they manage to do.. :)

DiogoBrand

ME4ME wrote:Interesting interview with Gene Haas:
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12040/ ... 16-chances
"I think our chassis is going to be substantially different in construction from the Ferrari one, because we're just doing it separately. We think our chassis in some ways will be better than a Ferrari chassis because we're using some more…I won't say state of the art but we're taking a different approach than Ferrari is and we think it's probably a better design. The Ferrari is more conventional, they're going to stay with what they've been doing for a number of years. I think there could be some big differences there."
I think it would be wise for Haas not to raise expectations too much.
Very much looking forward to pre-season testing to see how much mileage they manage to do.. :)
The people from McLaren Honda also thought they were gonna make a revolutionary car this year...

proteus

Problem at the Mclaren was an unreliable, untested and underpowered engine. The car itself proved to be decent. In this case they will get a fully functioning engine, which has been running 2 seasons allready with constant improvements. Its a big difference here, so if they fail they will fail due to their own miscalculations. Mclaren on the other hand will have a big smile. Definetly not this year, maybe not even next but i think in 2017 they will be in the top position where they deserve to be.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows