Haas 2016 car Ferrari speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DiogoBrand

Re: Haas F1 2016

proteus wrote:Problem at the Mclaren was an unreliable, untested and underpowered engine. The car itself proved to be decent. In this case they will get a fully functioning engine, which has been running 2 seasons allready with constant improvements. Its a big difference here, so if they fail they will fail due to their own miscalculations. Mclaren on the other hand will have a big smile. Definetly not this year, maybe not even next but i think in 2017 they will be in the top position where they deserve to be.
I wasn't trying to get off topic, what I meant is that Haas is going for their first season on the sport, and are already making statements about making some things better than a team that's on the sport since it was created and currently has the second best car on the grid, and I think this could be dangerous. A lot of times things that look very good in theory don't perform that well.
But who knows? Maybe Haas will challenge Mercedes, we won't know for sure until their car is on the grid.

turbof1

Re: Haas F1 2016 car speculation thread

Topic title updated and added description in first post
#AeroFrodo

Gridlock

Re: Haas 2016 car speculation Thread

A cynic would say Haas' 2016 car is currently identical to Ferrari's Abu Dhabi-spec SF-15T...

Racer X

Honestly I'm incredibly eager to see the HAAS car because of all the work that Ferrari put into it. Plus Dallara and just the fact that alot of top level engineering has gone into a start up team. I'm sure they will do better wi th this car then any other first timer.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

DiogoBrand

Gridlock wrote:A cynic would say Haas' 2016 car is currently identical to Ferrari's Abu Dhabi-spec SF-15T...
On the yellow images it's basically Ferrari wheels and bulkhead, McLaren coke bottle, Mercedes front wing, and the nose is pretty much what Ferrari's would look like if shortened. I wonder if those images are thrustworthy.

The one with the black and red livery is likely to be just a custom livery for the RB10 on Codemasters' F1 2014, probably this one:
http://orig15.deviantart.net/46a2/f/201 ... 84so8n.png
I doubtit has anything to do with the team itself.

Gridlock

DiogoBrand wrote:
Gridlock wrote:A cynic would say Haas' 2016 car is currently identical to Ferrari's Abu Dhabi-spec SF-15T...
On the yellow images it's basically Ferrari wheels and bulkhead, McLaren coke bottle, Mercedes front wing, and the nose is pretty much what Ferrari's would look like if shortened. I wonder if those images are thrustworthy.
Sorry, I was being too obtuse as usual. I mean Haas have basically been modelling and testing current Ferrari parts (going as far as seconding numerous aero guys to Haas) which is why Merc asked for some clarification, which is F1-speak for reporting a competitor...

Raleigh
Raleigh

DiogoBrand wrote:On the yellow images it's basically Ferrari wheels and bulkhead, McLaren coke bottle, Mercedes front wing, and the nose is pretty much what Ferrari's would look like if shortened. I wonder if those images are trustworthy.
The car is not a mash-up of parts, rather it's close copy of the SF15-T (designed by some of the people behind the original) with tighter sidepods/cokebottle, pushrod front suspension, a short nose and a refined Ferrari front wing with some Mercedes influence.

Rumors suggest Ferrari will also move to pushrod next year and the other changes are in line with what you'd expect Ferrari to do as year-by-year development, and if Ferrari was running this car I'd expect it to be up at/near the front.

Haas being a new team that would be very optimistic, but they should be somewhere in the midfield rather than dead last like the average new team.

R_Redding
R_Redding

As theyll use the Ferrari engine , then theyll benefit greatly by using the Shell lubrication and fuels designed for it..

Guy Lovett from Ferrari has stated that 25% of the PU performance gain (2014vs2015) was due to the fuel and lubricants.

Rob

FW17

Ferrari and McLaren really did shoot themselves with the front pull rod; reminds me of the twin keel suspension

bhall II
bhall II

I originally posted this in the team thread. But, it might be useful here, too.
I've adjusted the perspective of each screenshot to create more natural views.

(Click to enlarge)

You can clearly see the influence of the SF15-T in the front wing, barge boards, sidepod inlets, airbox, and in the transition from the nose cone to the chassis. Where they differ is the front suspension, the "Coke bottle" area, and the sidepod turning vanes, of which the last two are more like the early-spec RB11. It also has a short nose.

(Click to enlarge)

That's an interesting juxtaposition, given Red Bull's eventual adoption of a more Ferrari-like sidepod layout.

FrukostScones

if they really come with an enhanced Ferrari 2015 copy, than GRO defo made the right call...
if they come with a black/red/white livery and not something yellow colorful (Gene Haas talked about colors and yellow!).. then I I will shake my head, probably forever
fibers crossed
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

wuzak
wuzak

FrukostScones wrote:if they really come with an enhanced Ferrari 2015 copy, than GRO defo made the right call...
if they come with a black/red/white livery and not something yellow colorful (Gene Haas talked about colors and yellow!).. then I I will shake my head, probably forever
fibers crossed
The colours will most likely be dictated by their main sponsor.

FrukostScones

wuzak wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:if they really come with an enhanced Ferrari 2015 copy, than GRO defo made the right call...
fibers crossed
and that is?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

wuzak
wuzak

FrukostScones wrote:
wuzak wrote:
fibers crossed
and that is?
Not a clue.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

and that is?
Not a clue.
HAAS
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"