Sauber C35 Ferrari Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Sauber C35 Ferrari Speculation Thread

This is the speculation thread about the 2016 car. Rumors, articles, ideas and fantasies about the car can be posted here. Once the car gets officially launched, this thread will be closed and discussion continues in the official thread.
#AeroFrodo

continuum16

Re: Sauber C35 Ferrari Speculation Thread

I think that the drivers said the car would be quite a radical departure next year, I wonder if that's a good approach for a small team like sauber given impending regulation changes in 17.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Sniffit

continuum16 wrote:I think that the drivers said the car would be quite a radical departure next year, I wonder if that's a good approach for a small team like sauber given impending regulation changes in 17.
A radical difference in design approach is not a risk, it is a must to have any chance of keeping up with the other teams. If anything this past season has shown is that Sauber was to conservative and with the limited funds had no means of changing their philosophy to catch up.

Remember they had the second strongest engine but the second worst chassis of the lot. They have to pull something out of the magic box to be competitive next year.

wuzak

Having scored some points and climbed (slightly) the constructor's table (thanks McLaren) they may have more money to do aero development.

turbof1

Car will be launched on the second test, so on March the 1st:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122516

I'll update launchdates in our key threads topic:

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 23#p611123

They'll be shown right next to the car name and relevant topic
#AeroFrodo

Mark4211

Seems like the C35 has passed all [?] crash tests, nose and chassis as stated on their Twitter.
https://twitter.com/SauberF1Team/status ... 1842006016

FW17

Gridlock

Respray of last years.

Rhodium

it's a C34 car...

JDC123

Are Sauber going to use 2016 Ferrari engines this season?

Gridlock

Yes, only Toro Rosso get last year's - and I believe they're "Austin Spec" i.e. the final evolution of the PU.

cristobal

I hope they will get it for next Week. Team was working with high pressure on the C35 to have it ready. Keep your fingers crossed!

dren

I'm expecting an evolution that integrates the new 2016 Ferrari PU. I don't expect many aero changes at all. Perhaps slightly slimmer sides? When James Key jumped ship the Saubers got a lot less interesting. Now the TRs are starting to become excellent 'budget' cars.
Honda!

skitnik

dren wrote:I'm expecting an evolution that integrates the new 2016 Ferrari PU. I don't expect many aero changes at all. Perhaps slightly slimmer sides? When James Key jumped ship the Saubers got a lot less interesting. Now the TRs are starting to become excellent 'budget' cars.
they said it's going to be a whole other approach... let's see tomorrow what they have. i'm hoping it's not going to be a c32 debacle, where they made a totally different car which did not work properly, for a last season before major changes in the regulations.