Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DiogoBrand

Re: Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

I don't even care about the nose. That front wing is the most beautiful thing in Formula One right now, as is the entire car.

djos

DiogoBrand wrote:I don't even care about the nose. That front wing is the most beautiful thing in Formula One right now, as is the entire car.
Not wrong, it's a six element work of art!
"In downforce we trust"

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

RegerandeBull

Is this the new nose? Is it really that similar to the old one?

tmoneyr007
tmoneyr007

Really is no question who consistently designs and fabricates the highest quality chassis. Fit/Finish are amazing! =D>

PlatinumZealot

Adrians's designs are always clean to point of being deceptively simple. Look at that front wing! Just clean simple lines no hazardous looking shapes like Merc but you an bet you but that this wing is working in perfect harmony the everything else downstream.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

ReoPTy
ReoPTy

impressive design, look similary but is not

gandharva

Now that they have more engine power they instantly move forward with aero.

domh245
domh245

RegerandeBull wrote:
Is this the new nose? Is it really that similar to the old one?
There is a slight bump in the nose which is the key feature of this new nose (unless you've got a rule handy of course). You can see the pattern of the carbon more clearly on that patch.

PlatinumZealot

gandharva wrote:Now that they have more engine power they instantly move forward with aero.
Oh well back to the bad old days when RedBull had tonnes of downforce, though efficient downforce! over the field. lol

lkocev

PlatinumZealot wrote:Adrians's designs are always clean to point of being deceptively simple. Look at that front wing! Just clean simple lines no hazardous looking shapes like Merc but you an bet you but that this wing is working in perfect harmony the everything else downstream.
That wing is anything but simple. There is some serious lofting to create that extreme 'wavy' shape through the wings various elements, and all of them have guide paths through three dimensions. Not to mention that the profile orientation relative to guide paths would need to be defined in some way, to draw that wing would be a real bastard of a job. To me that is a very intricate and detailed design, very impressive.

PlatinumZealot

lkocev wrote: That wing is anything but simple. There is some serious lofting to create that extreme 'wavy' shape through the wings various elements, and all of them have guide paths through three dimensions. Not to mention that the profile orientation relative to guide paths would need to be defined in some way, to draw that wing would be a real bastard of a job. To me that is a very intricate and detailed design, very impressive.
That is why i said it is "deceptively simple" in my post.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

DiogoBrand

I was looking at their nose from pre-season testing last year. The amount of bodywork they were able to shave since then is quite impressive.