Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

zioture
zioture

Comparison R-Wing Ferrari vs Mercedes Monza

Morteza

Via AMuS

Ride height sensor on Ferrari front wing

Via @ScarbsTech

Last edited by Morteza on 02 Sep 2017, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

MtthsMlw

Are they using the new diffuser which was tested in Hungary?

f300v10
f300v10

MtthsMlw wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 22:14
Are they using the new diffuser which was tested in Hungary?
Doesn't appear so:

Photos via AMUS

CLKGTR
CLKGTR

zioture
zioture

Rake comparison ....

Full gallery for car comparison here

http://www.newsf1.it/foto-formula-1-fot ... 017-13798/

FW17

There was something wrong with the car through turn 1, it was bouncing both front and rear at the same time and it was not due to hitting the kerb.
It looked like the car was getting loaded and unloaded without reason and control

outsid3r

FW17 wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 10:24
There was something wrong with the car through turn 1, it was bouncing both front and rear at the same time and it was not due to hitting the kerb.
It looked like the car was getting loaded and unloaded without reason and control
In an interview, Sergio Marchionne admitted the team had 'messed up'. They did setup changes between Friday and Saturday, but since there was no dry running on Saturday, the first time the new setup was tested was during the race. It was all just a gamble and they clearly got it wrong big time. I wouldn't blame Ferrari for sticking to the new setup though... they have a tendency of delivering good improvements between FP2 and FP3 - it just wasn't the case this time round.

FLuidd
FLuidd

outsid3r wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:16
FW17 wrote:
In an interview, Sergio Marchionne admitted the team had 'messed up'. They did setup changes between Friday and Saturday, but since there was no dry running on Saturday, the first time the new setup was tested was during the race. It was all just a gamble and they clearly got it wrong big time. I wouldn't blame Ferrari for sticking to the new setup though... they have a tendency of delivering good improvements between FP2 and FP3 - it just wasn't the case this time round.
Aside from the problems Vettel had during the race including the fact that he had to fight through traffic to get to that 3rd spot in the first part of the race.

We have to take into consideration the fact that :

1. Ferrari were running an used engine, while mercedes ran the upgraded engine introduced at Spa.
2. Ferrari had setup problems due to the fact that it Saturday rained heavily.
3. Let us not forget that Monza is even more a power hungry track than SPA and that is why the average speed around here is 20kph higher than in Spa.
4. It wasnt such a disappointing race since Vettel got a nice 3rd place.

outsid3r

FLuidd wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:36
outsid3r wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:16
FW17 wrote:
Aside from the problems Vettel had during the race including the fact that he had to fight through traffic to get to that 3rd spot in the first part of the race.

We have to take into consideration the fact that :

1. Ferrari were running an used engine, while mercedes ran the upgraded engine introduced at Spa.
2. Ferrari had setup problems due to the fact that it Saturday rained heavily.
3. Let us not forget that Monza is even more a power hungry track than SPA and that is why the average speed around here is 20kph higher than in Spa.
4. It wasnt such a disappointing race since Vettel got a nice 3rd place.
Well said. The media is making this race look much worse that it really is. A 'complete disaster' for Ferrari, a step backwards, a loss from which they will never be able to recover... Considering everything, I think this was actually a pretty good run up until now - the 3 most power hungry circuits are out of the way (which were SF70H's Achilles heel), a brand new ICE still in the bag, and just 3 points deficit - chances are looking good for the Scuderia's title battle.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

outsid3r wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 14:12
and just 3 points deficit - chances are looking good for the Scuderia's title battle.
Actually, the Scuderia are 62 points behind and aren't looking that good for the title at all. Vettel, on the other hand, is still very much in the fight for the drivers' title being only 3 points behind. :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Giblet
Giblet

I found this shot rather interesting, showing the turning vanes inside the fairing in front of the sidepod opening.

http://imgur.com/a/sPGqL
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Mark4211

Annotated wheel adjustments: Ferrari Race Start Procedures - Italy 2017

Mirror: https://vid.me/r1LFW

figo
figo

Ferrari had a relatively bad weekend at Monza, but with the 3rd place of Vettel is not bad at all, considering that Monza is the most power sensitive truck of the calendar.
I think what cost Ferrari the most is the loss of Saturday morning practice. As we saw this year, Ferrari is always behind at Friday and when it comes to Saturday they find a lot of time, due to better set up and turning up of the engine.
Of course if they made the correct setup it will be closer but i think Mercedes will had the edge anyway.
The fact that Vettel finish 36s behind Mercedes doesn't matter at all.. 1s behind or 36s behind is still 3rd place.
And on Singapore i expect Ferrari to be ahead, Red bull close to Ferrari and Mercedes probably will be the 3rd power.
I will not be surprised if Mercedes finish the race 30s or more behind Ferrari.