Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
thestig84
thestig84

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

axle wrote:
astracrazy wrote:now we seen mercs livery, will macca stay completely the same or change it a little bit as a new era for the team?

I think it should change
Why? It goes well with their sponsors and is iconic. Everyone knows a McLaren thanks to years of being Silver
Yeah I agree. They said they were staying silver as soon as the split with Mercedes. Just look at the team wear....looks good old Mclaren to me www.mclarenshop.com

PlatinumZealot

There seems to be pictures of portions of the car on Mcleren's twitter page, if you guys haven't seen these already:

http://twitpic.com/photos/TheFifthDriver

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Richard
Richard

n smikle wrote:There seems to be pictures of portions of the car on Mcleren's twitter page, if you guys haven't seen these already:

http://twitpic.com/photos/TheFifthDriver
Interesting that they are using conventional wing mirror supports. Most teams last year were using the mirror support as turning vane.

... of course it could all be a distraction and they turn up in Bahrain with the mirror/turning vane combo.

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

yeah i think the basic mirror mite be just for the launch car maybe

astracrazy
astracrazy

i thort the tub looked interesting (from what you can see)

had some grooves in it

Fil

watch out for a new helmet for Jenson too.. he's hinting this on his Twitter..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

gibells
gibells

For me it's the launch. An hour and a half to go...

vasia
vasia

This, the Brawn, and the Red Bull cars should be the most interesting designs. I also predict these three cars will be the most competitive this year.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

I've looked at it more and MY GOD is it developed! The Camera's on the nose seem to be on another lowered wing that's underneath the nose of the car. Still processing it but lordy, lordy, it looks like a monster!

astracrazy
astracrazy

huge diff in side pods and nose

is that a shark fin i see? not sure

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Yep, shark fin. Sidepods appear to slope right down at the back too. Most interesting feature is the mounting of the cameras under the nose. Not sure if it's legal or not.

vasia
vasia

Lots of interesting features on this car, from the front wing, to the mountings under the nose, to the unique shape of the nose itself. The sidepods as well as the rear end look quite interesting.

Definitely looks more unique than the F10, and personally more attractive.

myurr
myurr

vasia wrote:Lots of interesting features on this car, from the front wing, to the mountings under the nose, to the unique shape of the nose itself. The sidepods as well as the rear end look quite interesting.

Definitely looks more unique than the F10, and personally more attractive.
I'm not keen on the look of the side pods and shark fin, but by god have they developed that car. Can't see it being in the middle of the pack - either they've found some huge steps forwards and its at or near the front, or they've messed up again and it's going to be at the back. Hopefully the former.

myurr
myurr