Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tim.Wright

Re: Red Bull RB6

Unfortunately, posts like these make up 90% of the current posts on F1 technical.

Uninformed bullshit based on usually nothing

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

WhiteBlue

curtesy of razzmyth
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

dren

Roger the knife wrote:But why was he suddenly interested in fastest lap ?, surely not just a casual enquiry
Vettel jokes a lot, I think he was joking when he asked.
Honda!

aral
aral

dren wrote:
Roger the knife wrote:But why was he suddenly interested in fastest lap ?, surely not just a casual enquiry
At the time that Vettel asked, he was setting good times, and towards the end of the race, when car is at its lightest, is the time to try for fastest lap. It was only AFTER asking, that he was told that there was a problem.

siskue2005

gilgen wrote:
dren wrote:
At the time that Vettel asked, he was setting good times, and towards the end of the race, when car is at its lightest, is the time to try for fastest lap. It was only AFTER asking, that he was told that there was a problem.
Wrong, he was warned long before that, during the time of Weber's pitstop somewhere
He was told "we are managing an issue, we are managing an issue"

He asked for fastest lap at the end of the race

Belatti
Belatti

WhiteBlue wrote: curtesy of razzmyth
I wanted to see the damper/spring/push layout and I think I asking too much.
Anyways, thanks WB.

It would be nice to know what front susp layout is each team using.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

aral
aral

siskue2005 wrote: Wrong, he was warned long before that, during the time of Weber's pitstop somewhere
He was told "we are managing an issue, we are managing an issue"

He asked for fastest lap at the end of the race
"Managing an issue" implies that there was something that the pits could do, such as requesting reduced revs etc. Before Vettel asked if he could go for fastest laps, he did not know that there was a gearbox problem, and he was still driving flat out. The call to short shift came AFTER he asked for fastest lap!

l4mbch0ps
l4mbch0ps

Before Vettel asked if he could go for fastest laps, he did not know that there was a gearbox problem, and he was still driving flat out. The call to short shift came AFTER he asked for fastest lap!
Incorrect.

He complained earlier in the race "How am i supposed to pass when you keep giving me slower and slower target lap times?" Because they were on the radio giving him the "Get'at'er" and on the steering wheel feeding him slower and slower target times.

Check the lap times, Vettel was clearly slowing earlier in the race than when he asked to do a fast lap. He had been nursing the car for a while.
"Managing an issue" implies that there was something that the pits could do, such as requesting reduced revs etc
Yah, or target lap times.

volarchico
volarchico

l4mbch0ps wrote: He complained earlier in the race "How am i supposed to pass when you keep giving me slower and slower target lap times?"
I'm surprised no one here got upset at Vettel for his "unprofessional" radio calls. It seems that in previous races we expect our drivers to never complain at all and he gets away with that and no one takes notice.

siskue2005

volarchico wrote:
l4mbch0ps wrote: He complained earlier in the race "How am i supposed to pass when you keep giving me slower and slower target lap times?"
I'm surprised no one here got upset at Vettel for his "unprofessional" radio calls. It seems that in previous races we expect our drivers to never complain at all and he gets away with that and no one takes notice.
i dont see any problem here
Why do people prefer Corporate Robots?
Why cant drivers have some character ?

Vettel jokes alot, sometimes he had bad humor i agree, but why cant a driver ask such things? FFS he is risking his life and driving it in 50 to 60 C heat!

autogyro
autogyro

I saw it as a simple common sense question and I am not a Vettel fanboy.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

It's pretty clear from the team's response ("don't EVEN think about it") that it was no happenstance thought on Vettel's part.

And BTW, ask yourself why Webber only followed Vettel around for the last 7 laps instead of passing him when Vettel's car went slow .. there is a very clear number 1 and number 2 on the team it seems after Turkey.

autogyro
autogyro

IMO the team were managing fuel, tyre and reliability issues and it had little if anything to do with team orders favouring Vettel.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

It has been commented before, i can't remember the exact source, maybe even Martin Brundel...that Vettel loves to bag the fastest lap of the race...maybe he has identified it as a statistic he would use for putting his mark on F1 history..i dont know.

Asking about it during the last stages of the race while managing an issue as it was described is not smart thinking at all...i think he needs to realize whats important.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

volarchico wrote:
Because it seems only Hamilton is "childish" or "unprofessional" when he makes such calls. Anyone else is allowed to apparently.

It's seems to be part of "the way of things" hereabouts...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.