Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
finishline
finishline

Re: Ferrari 150° Italia

Has the wing separated from the end plate or is that gap intentional?

zgred

ringo

Hemsy wrote:I think that the rear-end remains more or less the same with the only visible change to the profile of the heat resistant material. Also the gills near the rear suspension have been removed. Maybe they thought they didn't need as much cooling.
here's what i meant:

For Sure!!

Mr Alcatraz

It may pay dividends in Hungary especially considering how mild the weather will be.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Mazdaboy

Activated DRS (I think the flap is also new):

Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

The car have lost his great mechanical grip, we can see that with the fact that this car was very slow at S3 at Silverstone and Hungary, but gain a lot of effeciency aero, since Silverstone this car is the fastest on high speed corner, i can't wait for Spa, Monza, Suzuka, India and Brazil, this car could flying in these tracks, even with cold track.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

finishline wrote:Image

Has the wing separated from the end plate or is that gap intentional?
http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/ ... 9/888.html

beelsebob
beelsebob

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:The car have lost his great mechanical grip, we can see that with the fact that this car was very slow at S3 at Silverstone and Hungary, but gain a lot of effeciency aero, since Silverstone this car is the fastest on high speed corner, i can't wait for Spa, Monza, Suzuka, India and Brazil, this car could flying in these tracks, even with cold track.
People claimed that about Spa last year – it turned out that straight line speed was *far* more important, and McLaren dominated.

Hush
Hush

beelsebob wrote:
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:The car have lost his great mechanical grip, we can see that with the fact that this car was very slow at S3 at Silverstone and Hungary, but gain a lot of effeciency aero, since Silverstone this car is the fastest on high speed corner, i can't wait for Spa, Monza, Suzuka, India and Brazil, this car could flying in these tracks, even with cold track.
People claimed that about Spa last year – it turned out that straight line speed was *far* more important, and McLaren dominated.
I think you will find that the cars with the most effective f-ducts did well at Spa last year. It allowed them to keep downforce for the corners and shed as much as possible on the straights.

This year we have the DRS but there will be a premium on aero efficiency because it can not be masked by barn door rear wings coupled with a f-duct any longer.

aral
aral

Hush wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
I think you will find that the cars with the most effective f-ducts did well at Spa last year. It allowed them to keep downforce for the corners and shed as much as possible on the straights.

This year we have the DRS but there will be a premium on aero efficiency because it can not be masked by barn door rear wings coupled with a f-duct any longer.
As yet we do not know where DRS will be activated, except that it will not be at Eau Rouge, so the design of rear wing is unlikely to be altered too much.

Hush
Hush

gilgen wrote: As yet we do not know where DRS will be activated, except that it will not be at Eau Rouge, so the design of rear wing is unlikely to be altered too much.
Where the DRS will be activated has little to do with what configuration rear wing the teams will run. Teams will most likely opt for a medium downforce wing.

The point I was making with my previous post was that teams will not be coming with barn door (high downforce) rear wings ala McLaren 2010 because there is no f-duct to shed the additional drag that those wings generate. Do you think McLaren will be running their Hungary spec rear wing at Spa? Not a chance. They would be way to slow down the straights in both qualifying and in the race and others will be eating their lunch all day long.

The f-duct allowed for big rear wings which meant maximum downforce in corners as well as good straight line speed that is why those with the very effective f-ducts did well there last year. Case in point Renault, who went to Spa with a revised f-duct.

Boost
Boost

Monza doesn't actually have any real high speed corners where differences in a cars downforce will affect the cornering speed.

wesley123
wesley123

Boost wrote:
Monza doesn't actually have any real high speed corners where differences in a cars downforce will affect the cornering speed.
Indeed, monza is just top speed, will be an easy pray for the McLarens imo, these guys can bolt on a bit more df than others
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

gvan
gvan

Hi all.

New to the forum, came across it googling information on the F150. I'll be reading a lot (great stuff here!) before really joining the conversation but I just wanted to point out the team info at the top of the page is no longer accurate since the Costa reshuffle with Corrado Lanzone and Pat Fry.

Cheers,

Greg

Byronrhys

gvan wrote:Hi all.

New to the forum, came across it googling information on the F150. I'll be reading a lot (great stuff here!) before really joining the conversation but I just wanted to point out the team info at the top of the page is no longer accurate since the Costa reshuffle with Corrado Lanzone and Pat Fry.

Cheers,

Greg
Welcome to the Forum.

This thread is more about the car than the team, it took birth under that structure so It doesn't really need to change.