Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 82

HampusA

Re: Singapore GP 2011 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

I guess we will find out..
The truth will come out...

PlatinumZealot

clinch it with his little rosy but cheeks.

:cry:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

Sorry Hampus; find what out? The DRS zone?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HampusA

"It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?"

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

HampusA wrote:"It's theoretically possible for Vettel to clinch the title here. Will he?"

Theoretically yes, but Gut-feel says Alonso/hamilton will do really well in Singapore

raymondu999

Barring any force majeure; Alonso I think will be on the podium no matter what happens.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HampusA

My guess is Vettel will win this one.
RBR has never won here despite having a very good car for 2 years now.

He won´t bring home the title because Alonso will be right behind him if not infront of him.
Or if he starts third he might do some insane move again and get first to T1.
Obviously with some "help" from Vettel and the other guys infront.

raymondu999

I dont' think Alonso's ever had a good start here though; has he? Last year he was almost beat to the first corner by Vettel and in 2009 he had a bad start did he not? That's although last year Vettel is on the dirty side (in Singapore it is MASSIVELY dirty; I've been to the race more than once and it's like a darn sandstorm from the dirty side.

Alonso will be strong no doubt but sadly I don't think he has the machinery to win; not many people can take on the combo of the RB7+Vettel at this moment as it is a massively strong package.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:Barring any force majeure; Alonso I think will be on the podium no matter what happens.
It is interesting you say this. Alonso has always looked very strong at this circuit, and he says it is his favourite (along with Barcelona).

However, Ferrari has looked quite weak mechnically (since Silverstone). Looking at Monza, the car simply got no traction off the first chicane, which led to him being passed by Vettel and Button. I think they may struggle here.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:I dont' think Alonso's ever had a good start here though; has he? Last year he was almost beat to the first corner by Vettel and in 2009 he had a bad start did he not? That's although last year Vettel is on the dirty side (in Singapore it is MASSIVELY dirty; I've been to the race more than once and it's like a darn sandstorm from the dirty side.

Alonso will be strong no doubt but sadly I don't think he has the machinery to win; not many people can take on the combo of the RB7+Vettel at this moment as it is a massively strong package.
Well since he got his new clutch at Barcelona his starts have been awesome. But run down to turn 1 is quite short so it would be hard to gain more than 1 or 2 places.

godlameroso

Well the next race is on the Super Soft, and Soft compounds, Ferrari seems to get on pretty well with those.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

Gerhard Berger wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Barring any force majeure; Alonso I think will be on the podium no matter what happens.
It is interesting you say this. Alonso has always looked very strong at this circuit, and he says it is his favourite (along with Barcelona).

However, Ferrari has looked quite weak mechnically (since Silverstone). Looking at Monza, the car simply got no traction off the first chicane, which led to him being passed by Vettel and Button. I think they may struggle here.
Yes it seems that their Silverstone upgrade gave them more downforce and helped to heat the primes better; BUT it degraded their traction slightly. We'll have to see.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

thatnoone
thatnoone

alonso for the win.. he was impressive in Monaco.. hope he starts on
the clean side of track

hopefully no luck for vettel(p2 or p4)..
oh i miss kubica.. darn it..

raymondu999

Yes, but as we said earlier on, the car mechanically hasnt been as good since the silverstone upgrade
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Lycoming
Lycoming

Tight street circuit like singapore... anything can (and does) happen.