Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
F1trainee

Indian GP 2011 - Buddh

Latest pictures of Indian GP - Buddh International Circuit
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/08/l ... buddh.html
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 23 Oct 2011, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title to the customary format

volarchico

Re: Indian Grand Prix 2011

They have one month left and it seems like a long, long way to go! I hope they finish in time...

beelsebob

volarchico wrote:They have one month left and it seems like a long, long way to go! I hope they finish in time...
I was thinking this when I saw pictures of only gravel foundations laid a couple of months ago. I think we may be seeing another Korean last minute finish here.

Richied76

i like how they have people walking around (in one picture i even saw a child, 12yrs old MAX) on an open building site! Unless they throw everyone at it, they have no chance i think. I had a quick look at the site last year while at the commonwealth games and some parts were still being used for farming! But hey...i want to be proven wrong. Tracks mega to drive on F1 2011 game

Intego

This post is to make sure to have the circuit diagram on the first side of this thread. I try to place it when homologation by FIA is finished.
Hopefully it will be needed and the race will take place ...

The first infos the FIA submits:

INDIAN GRAND PRIX | Round 17 |
30 October, 2011. Jaypee, New Delhi, India | Start time - Local : TBA - GMT : TBA
Lap : 5.125km/3.185 miles | Offset : TBA | Race : 60 Laps - TBA
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Javert

Did a couple of laps in Codemasters F1 2011's indian gran prix

Possibly one of the most horrible tracks ever seen by man

raymondu999

If only mine would clear customs quick. Is it really that bad? I thought that the Korean circuit also wasn't done justice by F1 2010 though. Though I could be remembering that wrong
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

n_anirudh

Javert wrote:Did a couple of laps in Codemasters F1 2011's indian gran prix

And you base this on what? Any screen shots etc would be nice.

Karun Chandhok has been posting lots of pics on twitter. With a month to go the track seems to fairly ready, but organisation ata ny Indian sporting event would be poor.

FW17

Wonder what is the point of having a straight with hairpin bends at the ends? are they so desperate for overtaking?

Shrieker

To me it looks like they're in a better shape than Korea was this time last year (or should I say with 1 month to go till the race).
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JohnsonsEvilTwin

WilliamsF1 wrote:

Wonder what is the point of having a straight with hairpin bends at the ends? are they so desperate for overtaking?

Big braking zones and yes for overtaking. What is the gradient difference? looked quite steep and wondered if this is filtered through on the game?
More could have been done.
David Purley

n_anirudh

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUfMlnB9 ... re=related[/youtube]

Looks a bit like Sepang and Korea...

beelsebob

n_anirudh wrote:Looks a bit like Sepang and Korea...
Nice driving there :lol: :lol:

I take it you're using a pad rather than a wheel? Maybe we need a thread dedicated to member's F1 201{0|1} laps.

Shrieker

Wow the game looks great, especially the cockpit and it's surroundings. And the modelling of the crew, driver etc. is top notch too ! I only wish Geoff Crammond could've made this game, with the graphics being made by the same guys(codemasters) and the damage modelling by the old burnout crew :)

The track doesn't look boring. Will be very much looking forward to the conversion for rfactor :P
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk