Korean GP 2011 - Yeong-Am International Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Will Red Bull take the constructors title here?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 50

Enrage
Enrage

Re: Korean GP 2011 - Yeong-Am International Circuit

richard_leeds wrote:Personally, I think this track is giving us some good racing, although the empty stands and the reports of 5 hour overland journeys to get there from Seoul are worrying.
I was at the race, and it was a 5 hour bus ride from Central Seoul to the track, and even longer back. The section by turn 3, at the end of the long straight, was almost completely empty. The section I was in (Turn 11) was at least half empty.

Also, I have no doubt corruption was involved in this track. It runs rampant in Korea.

CHT
CHT

Traction wrote:
now theres speculation that his long period of seperation from his girlfriend is putting a strain on there relationship...maybe that is why he looked pretty upset at qualifying....
that probably the reason why most smart F1 drivers would prefer to keep their personal life private.

beelsebob
beelsebob

CHT wrote:
Traction wrote:
now theres speculation that his long period of seperation from his girlfriend is putting a strain on there relationship...maybe that is why he looked pretty upset at qualifying....
that probably the reason why most smart F1 drivers would prefer to keep their personal life private.
Hmm? How would it being private make it any easier to deal with?

raymondu999

I think CHT means to just stay and keep away from any and all speculation.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

beelsebob wrote:
CHT wrote:
Traction wrote:
because F1 drivers have got the biggest EGO in this universe. they are big, but fragile at the same time.

Richard
Richard

Enrage wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:Personally, I think this track is giving us some good racing, although the empty stands and the reports of 5 hour overland journeys to get there from Seoul are worrying.
I was at the race, and it was a 5 hour bus ride from Central Seoul to the track, and even longer back. The section by turn 3, at the end of the long straight, was almost completely empty. The section I was in (Turn 11) was at least half empty.

Also, I have no doubt corruption was involved in this track. It runs rampant in Korea.
A lot of the new tracks are very empty because they are built in irrational locations for promoter's who are prepared to cough up cash.

However, Korea does give good racing. I hope it isn't dropped like Turkey which was another good track for racing.

Meanwhile we have to thank Bernie for get the boredom of Abu Dhabi to end the season.
Last edited by Richard on 19 Oct 2011, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

beelsebob
beelsebob

CHT wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
CHT wrote:that probably the reason why most smart F1 drivers would prefer to keep their personal life private.
because F1 drivers have got the biggest EGO in this universe. they are big, but fragile at the same time.
So what you're saying, is that a bunch of events that were private up until this weekend caused him to perform poorly, and when they became a bit more public his EGO made him perform much better? Not sure I follow.

Traction

raymondu999 wrote:I think CHT means to just stay and keep away from any and all speculation.
So you speculating.... :lol:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

raymondu999

Yes, I'm speculating that CHT means F1 drivers like to stay away from any and all speculation of their personal lives. Can we stop digressing with the rubbish then?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Traction

raymondu999 wrote:Yes, I'm speculating that CHT means F1 drivers like to stay away from any and all speculation of their personal lives. Can we stop digressing with the rubbish then?
It was a joke man, relax...jeez...
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

CHT
CHT

beelsebob wrote:
So what you're saying, is that a bunch of events that were private up until this weekend caused him to perform poorly, and when they became a bit more public his EGO made him perform much better? Not sure I follow.
obviously you are not.

As a F1 driver, if you start to tell the world who you are sleeping with, where you party, what you do during your free time, obviously you will get loads of media attraction from paparazzi and the media. So when things doesnt go your way, like e,g your chic start to sleep with your best friend, obviously things are going to get 10x the media attraction for the wrong reason.

one good example will be tiger woods. Man cheating on wife is pretty much a common event in the world and vice versa, however as a celebrity with a image to carry to the world, you will not just have to deal with the problem but also your image.

Lewis is pretty much a good example of what AN said about how F1 drivers got carried away by the sudden fame as a F1 driver.

beelsebob
beelsebob

CHT wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
obviously you are not.

As a F1 driver, if you start to tell the world who you are sleeping with, where you party, what you do during your free time, obviously you will get loads of media attraction from paparazzi and the media. So when things doesnt go your way, like e,g your chic start to sleep with your best friend, obviously things are going to get 10x the media attraction for the wrong reason.

one good example will be tiger woods. Man cheating on wife is pretty much a common event in the world and vice versa, however as a celebrity with a image to carry to the world, you will not just have to deal with the problem but also your image.

Lewis is pretty much a good example of what AN said about how F1 drivers got carried away by the sudden fame as a F1 driver.
Okay, this I understand... what connection does this have to his on track behaviour at Korea or before? Or are you just taking an opportunity to slag a driver off?

raymondu999

To be honest I don't think it would change the paparazzi's attitude. They'd still be looking for a juicy article to print.

If it really was an issue of publicity then he should probably have pulled an Alonso:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTcdsM6MPm8[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

raymondu999 wrote:To be honest I don't think it would change the paparazzi's attitude. They'd still be looking for a juicy article to print.
guess the difference is that Alonso didnt asked for it.

raymondu999

No offense mate; I don't think ANYONE asks for paparazzi..
失败者找理由,成功者找方法