2012 Monaco GP - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2012 Monaco GP - Monte Carlo

2011*

Strategy
2012 tyres - Soft (prime, yellow) and Supersoft (option, red)
2011 tyres - Soft (prime, yellow) and Supersoft (option, red)

2011 pole lap:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6H9HtL-AzA[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Morteza

Re: Monaco GP 2012 - Monte Carlo

I hope this the race where Hamilton finally gets a win this season. He hasn't got what he deserved so far.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

myurr

I think this one could be a battle between Williams and McLaren. Both are solid in the slow speed stuff, and Maldonado and Hamilton are both drivers who absolutely love the circuit.

joseff

Didn't those two tangle just before the tunnel in 2011?

And due to its reputation as a "driver's" circuit, I wouldn't discount Schumacher or Alonso.

bhall

What erasers, I mean tires, are Pirelli bringing to the party this time?

myurr

joseff wrote:Didn't those two tangle just before the tunnel in 2011?

And due to its reputation as a "driver's" circuit, I wouldn't discount Schumacher or Alonso.
Into turn 1. I think Maldonado has matured a little since then and Lewis is more relaxed.

raymondu999

joseff wrote:Didn't those two tangle just before the tunnel in 2011?
No - it was on entry into Ste. Devote.
bhallg2k wrote:What erasers, I mean tires, are Pirelli bringing to the party this time?
Check the opening post - it's always there (at least it is in all my race thread openers anyway)

I don't think we've really established any specific pecking order in terms of who's good in the slow stuff to be honest. I think this year the mechanical grip is less percentage car and more down to the Pirellis, so maybe a car with slightly less mech grip but a bit more downforce (with downforce levels put at peak downforce around here anyway) could instead prevail

The Williams today seemed to pull the rabbit out of the hat in turns 4 and 9 rather than the mickey mouse Sector 3. McLarens, I'm not sure. I think pole will be between Raikkonen, Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Crucial_Xtreme

Schumacher will have a 5 place grid penalty in Monaco.

joseff

raymondu999 wrote: The Williams today seemed to pull the rabbit out of the hat in turns 4 and 9 rather than the mickey mouse Sector 3. McLarens, I'm not sure. I think pole will be between Raikkonen, Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso.
I saw the opposite... Maldonado always pulled away after the final chicane.

raymondu999

It always looks that way, because the car ahead gets on the throttle much earlier
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Teechnical

Since this is a circuit that just needs driver skill, not the car, I think you can't discount Alonso or Vettel, not even Schumacher even though he has a penalty.
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

raymondu999

That's a broad generalisation that doesn't ring true anymore I'm afraid. In Monaco, the percentage of the result gets skewed more towards the driver than usual, but the fact of the matter is, there are still cars that are good/bad in Monaco (relative to their season baseline), and bad and good cars still make a difference. You won't see Hamilton in an HRT outqualifying Karthikeyan in a McLaren any time soon, for example.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Joie de vivre

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Schumacher will have a 5 place grid penalty in Monaco.
this is nonsense

it was racing accident ... do they realy need to give penalty for every accident that occurs

SeijaKessen

For some reason I have concerns about marbles cluttering up the tunnel as the race goes on. Any reason to be concerned?

beelsebob

Joie de vivre wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Schumacher will have a 5 place grid penalty in Monaco.
this is nonsense

it was racing accident ... do they realy need to give penalty for every accident that occurs
Not to polute this thread... but ... bullshit... Schumacher drove into the back of someone, and deserved all the penalty he got.