2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

Strategy
2012 tyres - Hard (prime, silver) and Soft (option, yellow)
2011 tyres - Soft (prime, yellow) and Hard (option, silver)
*Note - 2011 tyres were in reverse on purpose.

2011 onboard unavailable
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RB7ate9

Re: 2012 Indian Grand Prix - Buddh

It is my sincere hope that Force India can bring some nice, major upgrades (Red Bull DDRS?). The way that DiResta and Hulkenberg (especially after this race) have been performing, it would be a real treat to see at least one of them on the podium.

Guisson

Pole lap Unavalible but Nando's lap is
http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/
Buddh has almost the same profile as Yeongam with two long Straights and a mix of Low/High Speed Corners ,Theoretically it should be ( again) suited for The Red Bulls and The Ferraris
( Can Mclaren Bounce up again ? )
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

raymondu999

There is one crucial difference, in that it will reward cars with good front downforce and good front stability. There are a few corners in Buddh where the corner tightens, such as the double left where Lewis and Felipe came to blows last year, as well as the long bulbous turn (10 & 11 think)

Last year it was arguably one of the more dominant Vettel victories, with him recording his first grand chelem.

The straight is longer than Korea's IIRC, and it's actually hilly, though the camera doesn't pick it up with justice.

Last year saw about no overtakes happening as it's VERY dusty off-line, and the hairpins are L shaped with a wide circuit on entry, but narrower on exit, creating pinch points. Looking at the race last year Button was very interesting. The right hander of Turn 3 onto the long straight, he was constantly turning earlier - while others stuck left for a later apex. While with such a long straight, a late apex should theoretically be quicker onto the straight, Button seemed ok, though he qualified P5 (to Lewis's P3). Shows there's more than one way to skin a cat.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

clipsy1H

about one thing i'm sure.... Mercedes will not get more than 2 points here.....

If Vettel win here championship is over (and i'm pretty sure he will do that :roll: )

raymondu999

Alonso will probably keep in touch though. I can see him getting a podium here. He was competitive-ish here last year, taking Webber off the podium even though they used the hard tyre in the race - which the Ferrari was always woeful on.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

Two stints on softs one on hards, that double right hander is the only real long corner, the rest are really just high speed chicanes,and thus the demands on the tire aren't very high. The downforce demands are somewhere around the levels of Hockenheim with the added benefit of no mid speed acceleration zones to chew up the rears. From the layout, I can see McLaren pretty much dominating, unless they want to keep playing silly little games with Hamilton's race.
Saishū kōnā

Nando

Steering will break for Hamilton in the race.

Or any of the below,

tires, rims, brakes, rear wing, front wing, race engineer needs to take a sh*t mid-race, ehh what else do we got?...
diff, gearbox, engine, drive through penalty for being on track,

That´s about it.
I´m dying to know what will go wrong again with the car..
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

netoperek

Nando wrote:Steering will break for Hamilton in the race.

Or any of the below,

tires, rims, brakes, rear wing, front wing, race engineer needs to take a sh*t mid-race, ehh what else do we got?...
diff, gearbox, engine, drive through penalty for being on track,

That´s about it.
I´m dying to know what will go wrong again with the car..
we haven't had famous McLaren wheel nuts in closer look for a while...

Nando

Perhaps it will be a surprise-surprise!

Or it works brilliant, no more weird mechanical failures on the car..
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

ArchAngel

Merc's already got their excuse covered for car #7 -- gearbox. :mrgreen:

clipsy1H

ArchAngel wrote:Merc's already got their excuse covered for car #7 -- gearbox. :mrgreen:
yea..... i don't understand why didn't stop him and offer a new gearbox here....

btw: if they change Michael gearbox he get penalty places?

FLuidd

Vettel will obliterate the competition again.

Expect nothing else.

raymondu999

FLuidd wrote:Vettel will obliterate the competition again.

Expect nothing else.
Given the recent upturn in Red Bull form, and Vettel immediately clicking with the circuit last year, I think I actually agree with you for once.

I expect a strong Alonso here though. He was very good here last year, getting on the podium even though the harder tyre was the hard - which the 2011 Ferrari was usually woeful on
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

f1316

raymondu999 wrote:
FLuidd wrote:Vettel will obliterate the competition again.

Expect nothing else.
Given the recent upturn in Red Bull form, and Vettel immediately clicking with the circuit last year, I think I actually agree with you for once.

I expect a strong Alonso here though. He was very good here last year, getting on the podium even though the harder tyre was the hard - which the 2011 Ferrari was usually woeful on
The unknown quantity is this, comparitively major, update Ferrari are supposed to be bringing. Of course Red Bull will bring updates too, but the Ferrari has looked OK in recent races without anything *new* (just wing optimisations for layout), so you feel there may be more to "fix" with the car than the RB.

On the flip side, RB seem to understand their car better, so their updates might be more effective. But it's not as cut and dry as some seem to be suggesting. RB are clear favourites, but if Ferrari make a step they can be very close.