2013 United States Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
lewishamilton90
lewishamilton90

Re: 2013 United States Grand Prix

Hamilton: new chassis made difference

kooleracer
kooleracer

Thank you Pirelli for that boring race. This race is against everything Formula 1 stands for. We saw a parade of cars saving tyres, i don't think the audience was entertained to day feel really sorry for the American fans that came to the track. Formula 1 needs to take a deep hard looks at itself, because if this kind of "racing" continues i don't think the grandstands will ever be full again. I can understand why the new venues are never full because there is no excitement on the track. If F1 wants to bring excitement back in to racing they need to give the drivers the opportunity to create excitement on track, because the drivers cannot fight each other on track nowadays and that's the whole point of racing. Pirelli needs to get a new job description in the future to make the best tyres they can produce for the race that gives the most grip when pushed to the max and also help teams to understand their tyres. The should look at bridgestone in MotoGP, bringing asymmetric tyres for some races etc, bringing compounds that are tailor made for the track. That how F1 should be every manufacturer in F1 needs to be pushed the bring their best product to the game, thats why F1 got the name the pinnacle of motorsport. But at the moment the tyres are an embarrassment to the sport.

F1 needs to get its act together for 2014 otherwise, F1 will on the brink to lose a lot of fans. Think everybody wants to go back to 2007-08 where we saw incredible battles on track, without the help of artificial devices like DRS.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

SectorOne

Formula 1, where they scoff at driver´s going all out and prioritize tire management on behalf of Pirelli.
I hope teams piss on Pirelli during the winter so they are forced to build tires you can actually race on.

Grosjean man of the race, it´s quite amazing he´s up there with the Bulls considering the superiority the Bulls have shown.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

komninosm
komninosm

I think part of the problem is pit stops take too much time for too little advantage.
They need to bring refueling back so pitting more gives a bigger advantage.
They also need to make pit entries and exits smaller and faster so it takes less time. (presuming they can't increase the allowed pit speed for safety reasons)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Jonnycraig wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:will we see penalty for vettel for unsafe release? NOOO
No, because it wasn't an unsafe release.
It was on the very edge though
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

muhammadtalha-13
muhammadtalha-13

Very interesting comment from Vettel at the end of race. He said on radio " Enjoy these moments guys. They might not last very long". No driver talks like that. Maybe he knows that RB10 is not going to be dominant.

raymondu999

The first time I heard him say it was in 2011
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SectorOne

For once i hope he´s right. Give him a dog! See what he can really do when --- hits the fan.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

Manoah2u wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:will we see penalty for vettel for unsafe release? NOOO
No, because it wasn't an unsafe release.
It was on the very edge though
With the two pit lanes there would be no unsafe releases they said during the SkySport build-up.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:For once i hope he´s right. Give him a dog! See what he can really do when --- hits the fan.
The same as any other driver. If the car can get points, he'll get points , if it can get podiums he'll get podiums and if it can get wins, he'll get wins.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

muhammadtalha-13 wrote:Very interesting comment from Vettel at the end of race. He said on radio " Enjoy these moments guys. They might not last very long". No driver talks like that. Maybe he knows that RB10 is not going to be dominant.
Vettel 2014 @ Ferrari :mrgreen:
Alonso to RedBull :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

lebesset
lebesset

Donuts wrote:Romain Grosjean, what a performance! Heikki Kovalainen give the "car keys" to Davide Valsechi!
romain...drive of the day

heikki ....car problems
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

lebesset
lebesset

muhammadtalha-13 wrote:Very interesting comment from Vettel at the end of race. He said on radio " Enjoy these moments guys. They might not last very long". No driver talks like that. Maybe he knows that RB10 is not going to be dominant.
frankly , no one knows what 2014 will bring , that's just realistic
not enough credit has been given to renault these last 4 years , their engine with it's mapping has given newey the possibility to design a brilliant car and with a brilliant driver to exploit it the clear dominance of RBR is obvious to all

but will lightning strike in the same place twice ? doesn't usually ! no way will RBR stop being a front runner , but maybe another engine manufacturer /designer/driver will hit the sweet spot , perhaps mercedes in 2014 and McLaren in 2015 with honda?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Phillyred
Phillyred

Not sure if this has been brought up, but being an American fan living IN America I was pretty pissed that I couldn't find the race live on TV here. Usually the race is broadcast on NBCSHD, but when the race was live they had the friggin' Olympic Trials and it was women's curling.. I had to find a live Sky F1 Sports stream online which is fine because I like Sky, but come on??!! The race was finally rebroadcast "live" at 5:30pm local time... With social media it is almost impossible not to have the race spoiled before you see it.

godlameroso

If it's not on NBC sports try MSNBC, I know it's the most retarded thing in the world, I had to find out the hard way after getting stuck with Joe's fishing adventure instead of the Spanish Grand Prix, since then I've just streamed it. I'm paying my cable provider to provide the race, I'm also paying for internet, and chances are the stream I'm watching is blasting commercials anyway so I don't see the problem.
Saishū kōnā