2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nacho
nacho

Re: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

I'm amazed none of the cars broke in the start - except Massa's wheel - those hits looked pretty hard.

Shrieker

What's Lewis holding there ? A butterfly or something ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ringo

It's a camera man behind the fence.

As for Kimi, he's running out of talent is all. Nothing to do with driving style. He needs to up his game.
Nelshino and Grosjean put up a better fight against Alonso than Kimi. And i'm being perfectly serious. Kimi is just nowhere to be seen near Alonso at all in the races.
For Sure!!

385north
385north

Another bad weekend for McLaren. I will pray for them...

Oh Bruce in heaven,
McLaren be thou name.
The MP4-29 has come,
But it drives like a nun,
On earth, as she would in heaven.
Give us today a new front-end,
and we’ll forgive the rear its sins
and lead us not into redesign temptation.
For Woking is the kingdom,
and Honda will deliver the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.

RicerDude

385north wrote:Another bad weekend for McLaren. I will pray for them...

Oh Bruce in heaven,
McLaren be thou name.
The MP4-29 has come,
But it drives like a nun,
On earth, as she would in heaven.
Give us today a new front-end,
and we’ll forgive the rear its sins
and lead us not into redesign temptation.
For Woking is the kingdom,
and Honda will deliver the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
=D>

Ninners
Ninners

Shrieker wrote:
What's Lewis holding there ? A butterfly or something ?
He wasn't holding anything, just his hand was in the air next to something in the background.

EDIT: Sorry, someone else beat me to it.

Shrieker

Ringo, Ninners,

Yep, you guys are right. I got tricked by the angle. Why would he hold a butterfly, i mean lol :lol: I've seen stranger things happen though.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

zeph
zeph

Races like this reaffirm my belief that Alonso is currently the best driver all around.

But the highlight of the race was Kobayashi overtaking Vettel and the latter's reaction. Now THAT was funny!

efuloni
efuloni

Williams simply tried to put the left tire in the right and the right tire in the left... What an amateur mistake! Poor Massa.

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

RB_[Gnx] wrote:I think Kimi and Sebastian's Issues are related to their driving style.. I don't know who said that before , but as they both drove a Renault powered Car these last 2 or 3 years , maybe it's because of the EBD maps ? ..On the other Hand Riccardo and Alonso ( who both drove a Ferrari powered car ) are doing a great job ..
Nah, this line is tired. You can either drive or you can't.

In my opinion, Kimi might be showing signs of age. Lets not forget how much he loves his vodka, alcohol abuse can cause premature aging (I'm not saying its definite with Kimi), here's a reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXIxwbU17A

As for Vettel, while he is clearly a very fast driver when the rear end is planted, it is becoming apparent that he was flattered by the incredible stability the blown diffuser gave the Red Bull. Its now a drivers era with cars that are more difficult to control; those with below par reflexes and race craft will find these times difficult to varying degrees (the Maldonado's would find it near impossible), while the truly talented drivers would find ways to put manners on the car and make it purr like a satisfied cat.

Another thing Vettel has mentioned, is the technical aspect of 2014. He made it clear there was quite a lot to learn and he wasn't coping very well with it.

prince
prince

zeph wrote:Races like this reaffirm my belief that Alonso is currently the best driver all around.

But the highlight of the race was Kobayashi overtaking Vettel and the latter's reaction. Now THAT was funny!
There is another "Alonso" who drives now for Force India by the name of Nico. What a driver he is, truly amazing. No matter which team, which car, he pop up to score highly valuable points for his team. Ferrari must be ruing for rejecting him.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Whats wrong with McLaren?

They should have the best PU available but can't even finish in the points anymore, is their chassis so crappy?

Redragon

Shrieker wrote:Ringo, Ninners,

Yep, you guys are right. I got tricked by the angle. Why would he hold a butterfly, i mean lol :lol: I've seen stranger things happen though.
After Alo celebrating 9th place raising his arm on last race, everything is possible. :D

10minutes
10minutes

Hello. I am looking for a chart with the average lap times of each driver in this race. Where could i find this? Thank you

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

prince wrote:
zeph wrote:Races like this reaffirm my belief that Alonso is currently the best driver all around.

There is another "Alonso" who drives now for Force India by the name of Nico. What a driver he is, truly amazing. No matter which team, which car, he pop up to score highly valuable points for his team. Ferrari must be ruing for rejecting him.
Couldn't agree more. He's up there and as soon as he gets that top tier car, the big boys are going to have their hands full