2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
King Six

Re: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

I hope we see some actual car development for this race, this season has been rubbish on that front. The main reason I got into F1 in the first place was car development over a season, now the teams have given up and all development is words for the media...

dans79

King Six wrote:I hope we see some actual car development for this race, this season has been rubbish on that front. The main reason I got into F1 in the first place was car development over a season, now the teams have given up and all development is words for the media...
You need to look closer. Merc for example, has had several changes every race.
197 104 103 7

plattsa

Just a reminder that with Montreal spring weather being generally pretty changeable, we'll be streaming live weather radars and webcams images from Montreal as usual:

http://adrianplatts.com/webcam/

our webcam is located about 2 miles to the west of the circuit so if you see rain (or snow) on the sidewalk it will usually be raining (snowing) at the circuit within a couple of minutes.

zioture

The hardest braking point on the F1 circuit in Montreal/Canada lies ahead of turn 13. The driver has to brake down hard, decelerating by 184 km/h over just 97 metres. 2,134 kilowatts of power are released in the process. Up to 5.43 g pull at the driver, who pushes with 130 kilograms onto the brake!

beelsebob

zioture wrote:The hardest braking point on the F1 circuit in Montreal/Canada lies ahead of turn 13. The driver has to brake down hard, decelerating by 184 km/h over just 97 metres. 2,134 kilowatts of power are released in the process. Up to 5.43 g pull at the driver, who pushes with 130 kilograms onto the brake!
Which is nice, because if you can collect it all, that's all of your ERS charge in one corner.

Kingshark

mnmracer wrote:'Best' refers of course to the best in achieving a goal. The goal is of course to first finish 305 kilometers + one lap, not to be the fastest around one lap.
Hence I took tyre wear into consideration. 8)

Nonetheless I doubt that even the most die-hard Alonso or Vettel fans would argue against Hamilton being the fastest driver around Montreal; and this is coming from a guy who's rooting for Rosberg this season.

dren

I expect Ferrari to look a bit better here. This could be another podium for them. Of course after the Mercedes duo. FI might not go too bad here, either.
Honda!

Juzh

Kingshark wrote:
mnmracer wrote:'Best' refers of course to the best in achieving a goal. The goal is of course to first finish 305 kilometers + one lap, not to be the fastest around one lap.

Nonetheless I doubt that even the most die-hard Alonso or Vettel fans would argue against Hamilton being the fastest driver around Montreal; and this is coming from a guy who's rooting for Rosberg this season.
There's plenty to argue. But i'm really not in the mood.

NathanOlder

Kingshark wrote:

Spot on mate. Although im sure it will only be the Alonso fans who can admit to that. No chance from the vettel boys
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SiLo

I think we could see a similar pace advantage as Bahrain for Mercedes here. I'm really interested to see what happens to Red Bull though with a weak engine. It's going to be another exciting race between the Merc boys and then a huge scrap between 3-4 teams after that. I'm excited!
Felipe Baby!

Anon123

Red Bull keep talking about a power increase and we'll see here if Renault have really gotten any closer to the Mercs, if they are as far ahead as they were in Bahrain then it is well and truly game over.

MercedesAMGSpy

I heard that Red Bull will bring a major engine upgrade in Austria, so until then I think they will suffer on the straigths.

anzx

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:I heard that Red Bull will bring a major engine upgrade in Austria, so until then I think they will suffer on the straigths.
What about Renault or other Renault teams (Lotus for example), as I remember Renault claimed that they will be close to 100% of the engine power in Canada. Let's hope we'll see what the Renault engine is capable of. It can't be the most expensive and the worst on the grid, that doesn't make any sense :)
In my opionion Redbull and Lotus are the best chassis on the grid, and with good engine they would match Merc.

Juzh

One thing I've noticed looking at the onboards from monaco was how ferraris were the fastest cars at the end of the tunnel, faster even than mercedes by at least a few clicks and they did it regularly. 285 kmh vs 290 kmh for ferrari. Renaults were further 5 kmh off.

dieguezzz

130kg before they introduce brake-by-wire. How much pressure could a driver "push" this year?