2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
strad

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

This why I usually avoid this section.
It was very clearly on Hamilton to leave room instead of chopping across like he did. Once Nico showed him his right front wheel, by the rules, he is supposed to leave room. The only excuse I can offer for him is that he thought he was clear. Perhaps we need spotters in F1 these days.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

motobaleno

I think that all the discussions are based on a partial unconscious prejudice that hamilton is a top gun while poor rosberg is a crap.
so if hamilton makes an aggressive move is a demonstration of his superior driving capability while if rosberg does the same he is a roughneck.

one problem is that I'm worried that rosberg himself share the same prejudice... :mrgreen:

Vanja #66

JimClarkFan wrote:Thanks Shrieker, I knew it would take a fellow MotoGP fan to understand :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hear, hear... WLF...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

piast9
piast9

I am astonished by the development of the HAM - ROS situation. It was just a touch, matter of few centimeters. HAM had the racing line and ROS tried to loose as little as possible but failed to do so. And after the race he apparently claims that it was on purpose. What? Destroying his own wing? If he did not puntured HAM tyre then it would be very costly error for him. I think bosses at Mercedes as well as the drivers claim more about that particular accident than it really was at the moment that it happened. It was just a touch. Stupid, unliucky, unfortunate, whaterver but just a touch.

I think much more stupid collision between two drivers from the same team was in Turkey few years ago between VET and WEB. And did that collistion caused such a stir? I don't think so.

The good thing is that if Mercedes keep failing races as they do lately, we may have exciting fight for the championship with Ricciardo!

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

strad wrote:This why I usually avoid this section.
It was very clearly on Hamilton to leave room instead of chopping across like he did. Once Nico showed him his right front wheel, by the rules, he is supposed to leave room. The only excuse I can offer for him is that he thought he was clear. Perhaps we need spotters in F1 these days.
Several racing drivers have made it clear Rosberg was at fault and Hamilton had the racing line. The rules say a significant part of the car needs to be alongside, watch the Sky F1 feature about it, he barely had his front wing past the rear wheel.

Richard
Richard

motobaleno wrote:I think that all the discussions are based on a partial unconscious prejudice...
Yup, we've seen all the old prejudices emerge this weekend.

Some people seem to take it all awfully personally, f-ing about personalities, babies and nationalities.

Time to call it a day and pause this thread. Hopefully the fan boys will find some other place to vent their incoherent obscenities.

Goodnight.

Steven
Owner

Kiril has put up a new poll to vote for the driver of the weekend here - http://www.f1technical.net/poll/index.php?dispid=282