2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
oT v1
oT v1

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

The eau rouge thing is part of the hype :D its been too long since the last race! How's the weather looking? Northern europe seems a bit chilly at the moment so i'm guessing it will overcast/raining :\

EDIT: ewwwwww Saturday 15c / 40% chance of rain. Sunday 16c / 0%.

+- Spa weather effect = ???
The Power of Dreams

adrianjordan

SectorOne wrote:
"Eau Rouge is one of my favourite corners, and this year it will be difficult to go flat out due to less downforce," he said of Spa's most famous corner.
Even Sutil isn´t entirely ruling out running flat through there, and he´s in a bloody Sauber.
He could be wrong....

I'm predicting at least one big shunt there this weekend when someone tries to go flat-out but doesn't have the grip....think BAR 1999....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hail22

This is what i call a flat out lap of Spa...committed and fast, I love it!

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

oT v1
oT v1

what did they do to Eau Rouge in 1994?? :o
The Power of Dreams

piast9
piast9

That was one of the modifications introduced after the 1994 Imola deaths.

dans79

So should I place a bet on Nico putting it in the wall?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207823/1/r ... mpaign=rss
197 104 103 7

iotar__

dans79 wrote:So should I place a bet on Nico putting it in the wall?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207823/1/r ... mpaign=rss
I don't know why he would do that but you can. You can also bet on abandoning last Q3 run after trying to block your team-mate or messing up both runs including spin with identical result. Anything can happen [-o< .

I figured out Lotterer-Koba: it's just weirdness to draw attention, I bet the new nose brings no benefits, it only looks better. Are new owners whoever they are planning to sell soon?

dans79

iotar__ wrote:I don't know why he would do that but you can.
If you read the article, you would see he is claiming that Eau Rouge will be taken flat. This flys in the face of what several drivers, personalities, and the general public expect.
197 104 103 7

Raleigh
Raleigh

dans79 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:I don't know why he would do that but you can.
If you read the article, you would see he is claiming that Eau Rouge will be taken flat. This flys in the face of what several drivers, personalities, and the general public expect.
The 2014 cars have more downforce and less power, plus slicks vs grooved tyres compared to the 2005 cars.

I am reasonably certain Eau Rouge will be flat, its only the teams with less downforce like Sauber that might potentially have to lift.

PlatinumZealot

Teams with more power will have to lift too. Merc will have to lift too if they are in high power mode.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

AnthonyG

oT v1 wrote:The eau rouge thing is part of the hype :D its been too long since the last race! How's the weather looking? Northern europe seems a bit chilly at the moment so i'm guessing it will overcast/raining :\

EDIT: ewwwwww Saturday 15c / 40% chance of rain. Sunday 16c / 0%.

+- Spa weather effect = ???
It's not going to rain, I'm 99% sure.

People think we have a microclimat and that the weather is super unpredictable, as a "local", I can tell you we practicly always know what weather it's going to be. There no real difference in accuracy between a weather predicition for Francorchamps and one for (lets say) Brussels.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

dave34m
dave34m

"I think you may be confusing Eau Rouge with Radillon."

Everyone does mate, everyone does

SectorOne

Friday looks pretty solid so far.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Hail22

Meanwhile at Spa Daniel Ricciardo has taken part in the ALS ice bucket challenge.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SectorOne

AnthonyG wrote:People think we have a microclimat and that the weather is super unpredictable
In about 24 hours the Friday went from sunny to all cloudy and rainy.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"