2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Manoah2u wrote:99% a double account of a butthurt forummember, yes.
I agree, and I think he is extra grumpy, because his favorite driver got smashed by his younger less experienced teammate.
197 104 103 7

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

I wonder what Red Bull of Ricciardo might have achieved today if he wouldn't have to start from the pits and if he could have used the flexible wing. :)
Have look here: http://macofan.com/en/index.php?page=ch ... 0Ricciardo

10,6s behind after the first lap, 34,6s at the end of the race. Maybe ahead of Bottas, who of course also had some problems!
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

auaq
auaq

What did you guys think of Jenson's donuts? Retiring from F1? I think he is.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

auaq wrote:What did you guys think of Jenson's donuts? Retiring from F1? I think he is.
When i saw that donut i was sure he's out of F1.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ringo

Congrats to Lewis!
from the begining i was saying that whoever won this championship would be a very well deserved champion. New technology, more races, competive teammates in all teams. The season was full of a lot of variables, much better than the Vettel years.
Whoever is saying this is a bad season must have hit their head. The last time a championship has gone down to the last race between teammates was a long time ago. This was a classic showdown.

As for Rosberg i felt sorry for him initially, but after reflecting on all the bad things he has said, hoping for bad luck for Hamilton the whole build up to the weekend, i think it's Karma that his car got hit with all the vitriol he was preaching for Hamilton.
Anyhow Mercedes cannot be sad for Rosberg, because for Him to win a mercedes car would have to fail. So there is no way that they were supporting his expectations. His championship would have be one where a Merc failed. That's not the case for Hamilton's. So i think it ended quite balanced and fair. Nico just has to come back stronger.
For Sure!!

Morteza

Guys when Maldonado's Lotus caught fire, didn't camera catch those mechanics in Lotus garage clapping and laughing? Or was the channel I was watching the race from showing a video from an earlier reaction to sth?

Anyhow! Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for winning the 2014 WDC =D> =D> =D>
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Manoah2u wrote:
auaq wrote:What did you guys think of Jenson's donuts? Retiring from F1? I think he is.
When i saw that donut i was sure he's out of F1.
Exactly! That was a goodbye doughnut to me...
Last edited by Morteza on 23 Nov 2014, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Shrieker

Morteza wrote:Guys when Maldonado's Lotus caught fire, didn't camera catch those mechanics in Lotus garage clapping and laughing? Or was the channel I was watching the race from showing a video from an earlier reaction to sth?
Hahahaha that has to be the funniest moment of the season for me. Me and my brother had a look at each other like wtf ? and busted up laughing lol.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

auaq
auaq

Morteza wrote:Guys when Maldonado's Lotus caught fire, didn't camera catch those mechanics in Lotus garage clapping and laughing? Or was the channel I was watching the race from showing a video from an earlier reaction to sth?

Anyhow! Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for winning the 2014 WDC =D> =D> =D>
No, they were shown laughing but wonder why.

Morteza

Shrieker wrote:
Hahahaha that has to be the funniest moment of the season for me. Me and my brother had a look at each other like wtf ? and busted up laughing lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So that was true?! Fantastic! Gotta love those guys \:D/

prince
prince

CONGRATULATIONS TO LEWIS, FOR A WELL DESERVED 2ND CHAMPIONSHIP

The guy was on back foot after Australia, came back only to be again put on back foot, then to finally come back and win the title. Ordinary men would have crumbled, but not him. All year, he has handled the unfortunate scenarios in the best possible way and kept doing what he was supposed to do and fully deserved the title. Can he do what Vettel did in 2011, after a tense 2010, that to just dominate?

Nico surprised everyone who thought he was just a push over and Lewis would bludgeon him. He has achieved more than what anyone thought and importantly, probably what he himself could have expected. The question is, will he come back stronger next year OR will he just end up as another Webber of 2011, after the hard fought 2010?

Specific comment for this weekend; As much as Lewis' media behavior was critical after Monaco qualifying farce, Nico's build up to the race this weekend was equally idiotic. All the bad luck he was wishing for Lewis, came on his part.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Yeah i must say it was a bit...tasteless or bad sportmanship how Rosberg was hoping for unfavourable things to help him maintain a chance on the title. I'm fairly curious on how we're going to go into 2015 and what to expect from either driver
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Kingshark
Kingshark

I felt terrible for Nico in this race. It’s one thing to have your car break down in the final race of the season. It’s another thing to have your car turn into a Caterham get passed by everyone.

Those onboard shots of Nico when one could see through his helmet when he was dropping positions like a stone, those were painful to watch. :(

I've been waiting for this day since his debut in Bahrain 2006.

Most people say that this was the best chance of his career, but I still have some hope that maybe, he'll win a WDC one day. He's still only 29.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

http://gfycat.com/OddUntidyKinglet

Great how the flames follow the airflow created by the rear wing.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

That's what went through my mind...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.