2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

Miguel wrote: new fuel pressure rules
They start in China if i'm not mistaken, so unless Mercedes decided to turn it down one race ahead of time...

iotar__

I don't watch interviews so I need to ask: did Vettel complain about sh... sound of today's engines? It would be weird if he didn't :?

Miguel
Miguel

On Toro Rosso: I had no expectations with Sainz, but he may actually be good. I'm worried with Verstappen, though, as I fear TR may wreck his career while still a teenager. But he could also turn out to be really good. This opens up a question: if red bull is able to find so many competitive drivers with such ease, what's the point?

BTW: where the heck can I find the fastest laps? The new F1 website... I'd be banned from here and deported from the UK if I put all I think here.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

evered7
evered7

Makes me wonder why all those people were sacked after last year. The car seems pretty good for the management to have gone absolute bonkers with the changing of people.

Hope Arrivabene/Marchionne are genuinely able to make progress for Ferrari and not bank on the success of their predecessors.

Sevach
Sevach

Last edited by Sevach on 29 Mar 2015, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

RZS10

Miguel wrote: BTW: where the heck can I find the fastest laps? The new F1 website... I'd be banned from here and deported from the UK if I put all I think here.
it's horrible, isn't it?
most sites i was visiting until recently had better f1 coverage as well, but now they have no useful info whatsoever - one had those very useful graphs with track positions during the race etc but now they just have the race result.

Jordan44

Sevach wrote:
Miguel wrote: new fuel pressure rules
They start in China if i'm not mistaken, so unless Mercedes decided to turn it down one race ahead of time...
Why are we assuming Mercedes need to turn it down? Is it a fact they are on the limit with fuel pressures?

FoxHound

djos wrote:I'm not saying the TR drivers didn't do a great job, but RIC had clear aero damage from the first corner - these things can't be ignored.

Btw, i don't really rate DK, both TR drivers are better imo.

So we ascertained it wasnt the engine as the TR has the same as RB. Then we see it clearly in the race that TR had the measure of RB.
Then we hear Horner saying it's sister team(TR) with the same engine, did a better job.

Now you suggest the Kvyat is a lesser driver than both Sainz and Verstappen?

To what ends will you go to cover up the mess at Red Bull?
JET set

djos

Since when have i ever praised DK?
"In downforce we trust"

Juzh

Better job =/= outpaced.

djos

Juzh wrote:Better job =/= outpaced.
It certainly helps that both TR drivers stayed out of trouble, that's a key ingredient of doing a better job imo.

My point that Fox and others are doing their best to ignore, is that RIC had a damaged car, therefore we don't know what his true race pace was.
"In downforce we trust"

stuartpengs

djos wrote:
Juzh wrote:Better job =/= outpaced.
It certainly helps that both TR drivers stayed out of trouble, that's a key ingredient of doing a better job imo.

My point that Fox and others are doing their best to ignore, is that RIC had a damaged car, therefore we don't know what his true race pace was.
I'm not ignoring it, it's just that when a notoriously evasive team principle admits that their team were beaten fairly and squarely by Toro Rosso, and that in his opinion that's not good enough, I'm going to take that above any other subjective issues we may or may not think had very little relevance to the overall result.

Jordan44

I made an observation in pre-season testing that it looks hard for Mercedes to find the perfect balance on the W06 and maybe I was right. Lewis's lack of FP1 running probably cost them a bit data-wise. Both drivers said the balance wasn't right.

Anyway I can't wait till China to see if Ferrari can realistically mount a challenge.

Shrieker

Congratulations to Vettel and Ferrari. They won this fair and square.

Merc probably had the pace (maybe at least Hamilton) to keep Vettel in check if he had kept track position. They wasted whatever speed advantage they had in traffic.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Sevach
Sevach

RZS10 wrote:
Miguel wrote: BTW: where the heck can I find the fastest laps? The new F1 website... I'd be banned from here and deported from the UK if I put all I think here.
it's horrible, isn't it?
most sites i was visiting until recently had better f1 coverage as well, but now they have no useful info whatsoever - one had those very useful graphs with track positions during the race etc but now they just have the race result.
It stinks, yes.

Luckly this site here has everything you might want.
http://macofan.com/en/index.php?page=results&gp=937