2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

Last year's results:
Pole: Nico Rosberg - 1:32.506
Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Fastest Lap: Lewis Hamilton - 1:51.6

Pole lap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwUcVQEP9o0

Seeing how the Mercedes were nowhere in Singapore, who thinks things will return to normal, and who thinks Ferrari has turned a corner?

I think if it stays dry that pole will be in the 31's still not as fast as the blown diffuser days but getting close.
Saishū kōnā

SectorOne

Re: 2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

I think order will resume here. Singapore was an anomaly of Mercedes performance, you don´t lose 2 seconds of raw pace to your competitors in 2 weeks.
But we´ll see i guess.
Nice to see a back to back race as well!
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Shrieker

On another topic a fellow member pointed out that the tire pressures here will be even higher than Monza. One can't help but wonder how the Mercs are gonna cope with that.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Jordan44

If it is a pressure issue then I don't see it being a case of the car simply being designed to run lower pressures. I assume it will be something about Singapore's circuit design that's overcooking them when coupled with the high pressures anyway (which results in higher air temperature). If Mercedes did indeed run with 19.5PSI in Monza then I guess it shows they don't have too much of a problem on power tracks at higher values.

The theory on AMuS is that their engine mapping was way out from where it should be. The car was releasing the torque far earlier than it should be.

mikeerfol

We could have a deja vu from last year regarding the weather
https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/stat ... 9566200836

livinglikethathuh
livinglikethathuh

How would the tire pressure debacle apply to wet weather tires?

Jordan44

livinglikethathuh wrote:How would the tire pressure debacle apply to wet weather tires?
Higher pressures would surely be a good thing because it would make heating them up easier.

livinglikethathuh
livinglikethathuh

That's what I've been thinking. So Merc will continue to fly in the wet, if it rains of course.

MercedesAMGSpy

If Merc can't perform here, they have a massive problem because this track lay-out has engine power written over it.

Moose
Moose

Why on earth is everyone fixated on tire pressures? Merc were found not to have under inflated their tires. They were running the same pressure as everyone else, just tested at a different time. Singapore was a result of missing the setup window, not of having to deal with new tire pressures.

PlatinumZealot

Why people keep talking about the tyre pressure? Was the race that boring? Coz it has been said countless times by the team members that the tyre pressures weren't an issue. Don't you think they would have tried lower pressures in practice? Come on people.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Shrieker

It's the pressures silly :twisted:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Chene_Mostert

J0rd4n wrote:
livinglikethathuh wrote:How would the tire pressure debacle apply to wet weather tires?
Higher pressures would surely be a good thing because it would make heating them up easier.
Actually, higher pressures runs a tyre cooler...
Lower pressures heats them up more...

So what was the case at the last race? First you insisted Lewis said he can not heat the tyres.
Now you are saying they cooked the tyres?
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

ripper
ripper

I think that in Suzuka everything will be back to standard: Mercedes will be the team to beat here.

SiLo

All the teams run quite low pressures at Monza and Spa because its difficult to keep heat in the tyres.
Felipe Baby!