2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Edax
Edax

Re: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang, 30th-2nd October

Gothrek wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: you're blind as a bat, you can take a look inside the onboard of verstappen, you can see him literally evade vettel and there is ZERO touching. it was also commented by the SKY reporters that investigation of the FIA showed that there was NO touching between VET and VES.

go hate the kid all you want, he'll be enjoying his millions and millions of dollars in his tax-free Monaco mansion enjoying supermodel GF's and coming home 2nd without touching any ferrari or merc - or any other car for that matter.
Now that I have been able to watch the onboard of MV, I stand corrected, they didn't touch.
It wasn't available when I typed my posts, all I had was Vettel onboard and the low quality shots from above, which made it seem they touched. At least from my point of view.
No problems, that VES onboard was desperately needed.

For me it also puts the "idiot" radio remark from VES also in a different perspective. From his viewpoint it did look much more like an kamikaze move than it did from the outside. Luckily Red Bull does not have a white outfit, those brown stripes would have been embarrasing on the podium. 8)

Andres125sx

nevill3 wrote:Sainz was able to start his own car on the grid after it switched itself off when the drivers were forming up. Very quick thinking on his part.
Didn't know thats posible :?:

PhillipM
PhillipM

Well there's a whacking great electrical motor attached to the crankshaft, along with a massive battery pack. It's not that difficult to setup...

Webber2011
Webber2011

PhillipM wrote:Well there's a whacking great electrical motor attached to the crankshaft, along with a massive battery pack. It's not that difficult to setup...
What would he have had to do ?

I know the cars have a "start mode" that the driver, (or the mechanic in the garage), selects.
Would it then be as simple as putting the car in neutral, and hitting a button on the wheel to engage the MGU-K ?

Pretty quick thinking considering the amount of time they had to do it.
I bet it's something they wouldn't have practised.

PlatinumZealot

So many blind people. I wonder how they even manage to type. It is obvious to any unbiased VIEWER that Vettel was to blame in Spa and in Malsysia.

Case closed.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

carisi2k

I really don't care about Seb being at fault. For me the highlight was Daniel doing a shoey and Nico Rosberg's reaction after he did one.

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

Edax wrote:
Gothrek wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: you're blind as a bat, you can take a look inside the onboard of verstappen, you can see him literally evade vettel and there is ZERO touching. it was also commented by the SKY reporters that investigation of the FIA showed that there was NO touching between VET and VES.

go hate the kid all you want, he'll be enjoying his millions and millions of dollars in his tax-free Monaco mansion enjoying supermodel GF's and coming home 2nd without touching any ferrari or merc - or any other car for that matter.
Now that I have been able to watch the onboard of MV, I stand corrected, they didn't touch.
It wasn't available when I typed my posts, all I had was Vettel onboard and the low quality shots from above, which made it seem they touched. At least from my point of view.
No problems, that VES onboard was desperately needed.

For me it also puts the "idiot" radio remark from VES also in a different perspective. From his viewpoint it did look much more like an kamikaze move than it did from the outside. Luckily Red Bull does not have a white outfit, those brown stripes would have been embarrasing on the podium. 8)
This is an even better view of the first corner incident. Out of Ricciardo's POV, I bet he's having that big Aussie smile on his face :D Thank you! 8) :

Vettelswonmeover
Vettelswonmeover

A little late here but after seeing the whole first corner tangle multiple times, without bias and with a cool head, I'd have to say that all three have some blame to take. Rosberg cut in in a way similar to Vettel on Kimi this year. Max tried to squeeze Vettel to the inside (legally) so a little blame lies at his doorstep too. But the major fault is Vettel's. He was a bit too hot going in and tired to put his foot in the big door left by Rosberg (a little too over ambitiously). Was a racing incident.
Wonder why there is so much Vettel hate on the forum. The guy made a mistake & apologised graciously. In fact, Rosberg stated on his YouTube channel that Vettel apologised to him personally. Max Verstappen has been involved in similar incidences this year and I don't remember him apologising even once. Max is very talented but needs to learn a little bit of humility.

What happened to Lewis was unfortunate. I can't help but remember Japan 2006 when Schumi's engine blew while he was leading. It was a big factor in his loss of the WDC that year. Looks like it may not be Lewis' year.

Daniel Ricciardo was the man of the race. Amazing driving without colliding. Driving on older tyres along the outside of turns!! Was marvellous to watch. Red Bull probably have the best driver pairing for the next few years

Vasconia

Vettelswonmeover wrote: Wonder why there is so much Vettel hate on the forum. The guy made a mistake & apologised graciously. In fact, Rosberg stated on his YouTube channel that Vettel apologised to him personally. Max Verstappen has been involved in similar incidences this year and I don't remember him apologising even once. Max is very talented but needs to learn a little bit of humility.

What happened to Lewis was unfortunate. I can't help but remember Japan 2006 when Schumi's engine blew while he was leading. It was a big factor in his loss of the WDC that year. Looks like it may not be Lewis' year.
+1. Max never apologizes but all seem to love them. Its like the Little baby who can do everything he want.

Cant forget Japan 2006, that was tragic, all the chances were gone. Lewis has plenty of time to recover himself.

basti313
basti313

Vasconia wrote:
Vettelswonmeover wrote: Wonder why there is so much Vettel hate on the forum. The guy made a mistake & apologised graciously. In fact, Rosberg stated on his YouTube channel that Vettel apologised to him personally. Max Verstappen has been involved in similar incidences this year and I don't remember him apologising even once. Max is very talented but needs to learn a little bit of humility.

+1. Max never apologizes but all seem to love them. Its like the Little baby who can do everything he want.

Cant forget Japan 2006, that was tragic, all the chances were gone. Lewis has plenty of time to recover himself.
Yes, it was tragic. But Alonso was never in question as the well earned WC. Will it be the same if Nico wins this year?
Don`t russel the hamster!

carisi2k

People forget quickly that Nico had 2 engine failures in 2014 that probably cost him the 2014 championship. Both of them had ers issues at Canada but Nico was able to drive around his and Lewis was not. So maybe this is karma paying back for Nico.

As for VET vs VES. I do believe that VET is under extreme pressure and he is starting to feel it which shows up in mistakes. I think since that mistaken call at Melbourne he has felt a lot of pressure on his shoulders. With Red Bull coming on stronger then they thought, it has resulted in many mistakes by the Ferrari drivers this year.

Vasconia

basti313 wrote: Yes, it was tragic. But Alonso was never in question as the well earned WC. Will it be the same if Nico wins this year?
For some people Nico will never have the right to win the WC so....

Failures are part of F1. Michael could have won in 2006, in 1997, in 1998, but ... it has happened a lot of times. Yo need to fight back and dont say stupid things about your team, the same which has given to you the most dominant car in years.

You could say "but Lewis was faster, he is better" and yes its true, but this doesnt imply that Nico doesnt deserve it. He is doing a fine job, doing his best in every race and taking advantage from Lewis bad luck, but also from his mistakes or bad weekends(Bakú, Singapur,etc).

And this season there is no excuse with the double puntuation in the last race. So lets enjoy this epic battle which hopefully will last until the last race.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Vasconia wrote:And this season there is no excuse with the double puntuation in the last race.
Didn't they scrap double points last year already. Is it back?

AMG.Tzan

carisi2k wrote:People forget quickly that Nico had 2 engine failures in 2014 that probably cost him the 2014 championship. Both of them had ers issues at Canada but Nico was able to drive around his and Lewis was not. So maybe this is karma paying back for Nico.

As for VET vs VES. I do believe that VET is under extreme pressure and he is starting to feel it which shows up in mistakes. I think since that mistaken call at Melbourne he has felt a lot of pressure on his shoulders. With Red Bull coming on stronger then they thought, it has resulted in many mistakes by the Ferrari drivers this year.
Maybe you are forgeting that in 2014 Lewis had: 1 engine failure in australia while being on pole, 1 engine failure in Canada which put him out while Rosberg didn't (and dont't take it as a given that Rosberg did a better job of handling the situation...both are given the same instructions so i don't see how one does a better job...again pure luck), 1 engine failure in Hungary Qualy...started last and still beat Rosberg in the race, 1 brake failure in germany again starting last...and if it was for a safety car that was needed at the time because a Sauber was stranded in the middle of the start-finish straight...then maybe he could have won that too! Rosberg has never started last (only in Russia 2014 when it was his own mistake locking up so badly)! So i don't see how Rosberg lost the 2014 championship from bad luck! But it is always evident that for rosberg to win a championship against hamilton he needs some bad luck from Lewis! He has never passed him on track and the whole luck thing and Lewis's words against his team has become so much of a theme in this race because remember what everyone was saying against Lewis after Singapore! -Oh Nico is on another level this year, he's outshined Lewis, Lewis has lost his edge because of partying (classic Jackie Stewart quote every time Hamilton has a bad weekend) and the new Mercedes suspension! And yet here he comes taking pole by almost half a second (and it could have been even more he said), gets a nice getaway, opens the gap when he needs to and boom there goes the engine(for the 3rd time this year)! But still anti-hamilton fans talk of karma and how rosberg deserves every bit of this year's success! At least Ricciardo took his blood back for Monaco and Spain =D> =D> sorry for the long fanboy post! but it hurt this Sunday :lol:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

turbof1

AMG.Tzan wrote:
carisi2k wrote:People forget quickly that Nico had 2 engine failures in 2014 that probably cost him the 2014 championship. Both of them had ers issues at Canada but Nico was able to drive around his and Lewis was not. So maybe this is karma paying back for Nico.

Maybe you are forgeting that in 2014 Lewis had: 1 engine failure in australia while being on pole, 1 engine failure in Canada which put him out while Rosberg didn't (and dont't take it as a given that Rosberg did a better job of handling the situation...both are given the same instructions so i don't see how one does a better job...again pure luck), 1 engine failure in Hungary Qualy...started last and still beat Rosberg in the race, 1 brake failure in germany again starting last...and if it was for a safety car that was needed at the time because a Sauber was stranded in the middle of the start-finish straight...then maybe he could have won that too! Rosberg has never started last (only in Russia 2014 when it was his own mistake locking up so badly)! So i don't see how Rosberg lost the 2014 championship from bad luck! But it is always evident that for rosberg to win a championship against hamilton he needs some bad luck from Lewis! He has never passed him on track and the whole luck thing and Lewis's words against his team has become so much of a theme in this race because remember what everyone was saying against Lewis after Singapore! -Oh Nico is on another level this year, he's outshined Lewis, Lewis has lost his edge because of partying (classic Jackie Stewart quote every time Hamilton has a bad weekend) and the new Mercedes suspension! And yet here he comes taking pole by almost half a second (and it could have been even more he said), gets a nice getaway, opens the gap when he needs to and boom there goes the engine(for the 3rd time this year)! But still anti-hamilton fans talk of karma and how rosberg deserves every bit of this year's success! At least Ricciardo took his blood back for Monaco and Spain =D> =D> sorry for the long fanboy post! but it hurt this Sunday :lol:
Aren't you dramatizing the whole deal? Carisi2k merely pointed out that Rosberg had mechanical failures. I feel it is outright insulting you are insinuating he is, just because he made that comment, an anti-hamilton fan.

Stay reasonable, respect other's their opinion and read what is written, and not what is not written.

I also feel it's not exceptional that the title will be decided on luck with reliability. This is simply put very common in motorsport. Will that mean Hamilton got bad luck? Yes of course. Will it also mean Rosberg did it a sloppy job putting himself in a position to take advantage of Hamilton's bad luck? No, not at all. The race in this topic title is a testament of that, where he got reset to the back of the grid through no fault of his own, but ultimately fought back to the podium. With some luck, yes, but also through a mentality to win the championship.
#AeroFrodo