Italian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
axle
axle

Italian GP 2008

Just an idle thought, as Hamilton will be on his second race for the engine in Monza, do you think McLaren will play their "joker" to give him a fresh one??
- Axle

Scotracer
Scotracer

Re: Tactics for Monza.

I think they really need to bring Heikki into play. He is well and truly out of the championship hunt so they NEED him to play the joker.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

What i can tell from last years pit strategy is that the first 6 cars will be on a 2 stopper and the rest on a 1 stopper.

But i can see McLaren doing a fly one for Monza, maybes the joker card getting tossed in, but im not really shure about the Engine usage at Singapore, i feel that its gonna be up there with say a track like Melbourne, meaning that the engine will be under some stress, but it will have time to breathe in a couple of areas.

So on the Joker, i can see McLaren pulling this trick.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Both Reds will have fresh engines. That's a big advantage for Monza. Maccas though can rely on better mechanical grip and go for less wing.

PS: I suggest renaming this thread into 'Italian GP 2008'

axle
axle

modbaraban wrote:Both Reds will have fresh engines. That's a big advantage for Monza. Maccas though can rely on better mechanical grip and go for less wing.

PS: I suggest renaming this thread into 'Italian GP 2008'
I didn't want this to become the Monza thread, just wanted to know if others would expect both Mac's to use fresh engines to really take it to Ferrari on home turf, after all they now need the points badly.
- Axle

timbo
timbo

axle wrote:I didn't want this to become the Monza thread, just wanted to know if others would expect both Mac's to use fresh engines to really take it to Ferrari on home turf, after all they now need the points badly.
Using joker is possible but I doubt they'd use it unless there were some signs of trouble with current engine. I suppose they could use joker for the NEXT race after monza IF they had a new engine scheduled. That way they could use engines very aggresively and on the next race they could get fresh one. In current situation they still have to use engine for next race and although there can be a benifit but it is small.

lebesset
lebesset

Re: Italian GP 2008

how about a schu/ senna/prost move ?
very light fuel for kovi in Q3 ,then takes massa off into the sand when trying to overtake or block him
yes , I know it wouldn't be enough to balance out what the steward[s]have done , but would be a start!
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

axle
axle

That's not a strategy for motor racing ;)
- Axle

The FOZ
The FOZ

lebesset wrote:how about a schu/ senna/prost move ?
very light fuel for kovi in Q3 ,then takes massa off into the sand when trying to overtake or block him
yes , I know it wouldn't be enough to balance out what the steward[s]have done , but would be a start!
Anyone with any sporting experience would agree that an attitude like this ^^^ has no place in racing. There's a 30-page b*tch and moan already started about this, how 'bouts you take this there?

bar555
bar555

I do not believe it , rain again :?: :?: :?:

Oh GOD is so mercy full lately :!:

Very low downforce set up + a slippery wet track = AMAZING RACE
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

axle
axle

Arse I'm in Rome from Monday to Saturday (sadly no trip to Monza)...not looking too hot.

Low DF + damp track = Ferrari thrills and erm spills! :D ;) :P
- Axle

axle
axle

The first shots are in...

Lack of extensions to the sidepod....but full cooling restored...for now (obviously they might change bits over the weekend).

Redbull appear to be keeping the nose bridge...
- Axle

donskar
donskar

Please keep the news and photos coming guys!

Ferrari traditionally has something a little bit special for Monza, and Lord knows they need it this year.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

megz

Teams have found an inspiration for many new and old (see BMW towers) aero devices.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge.ph ... =1102-3084

axle
axle

First Practice is underway...and it's wet.
- Axle