Spanish GP 2009 - Circuit de Catalunya

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Scotracer

Spanish GP 2009 - Circuit de Catalunya

Any images from Montmelo yet? I want to see the new cars.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

mx_tifoso

Re: Spanish GP 2009

I haven't found any images of the GP yet, they will most likely start coming up on Wednesday or Thursday.

Catalunya Circuit Map
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jon-mullen

Thank God for Grand Prix racing, I wouldn't make it through finals week without this GP to look forward to. School's all integrate this, titrate that, model this, compare a CBN coating to that... AND we've got swine flu in the area...awesome.

Since the map is on this page, figured someone might as well post last year's pole lap (Raikkonen, 1:21.8):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhAuEACe ... L&index=40[/youtube]
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

gibells

Thank the Lord we've moved on from those flying pigs.

Tell me, where did Ferrari go wrong because I seem to remember them doing quite well in winter testing at Barcelona.

Now I've heard they're copying the Red Bull back end, and that Red bull aren't happy, so they're copying the Brawn back end. The only thing I haven't heard is anyone copying the McLaren back end.

This place is mad it is, mad I tell you!

bar555

Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

CMSMJ1

Practice started and the weather looks good.

Woohoo..another fix of F1. :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Chaparral

Spanish GP - Thursday - Press Conference

7 MAY 2009
DRIVERS: Fernando ALONSO (Renault), Giancarlo FISICHELLA (Force India), Lewis HAMILTON (McLaren Mercedes), Nick HEIDFELD (BMW Sauber)

PRESS CONFERENCE

Q: Nick, how do you turn around the massive disappointment in Bahrain?

Nick HEIDFELD: Well, how do you think I --- feel dicknose - the position obviously was quite poor for the team. If Ned Flanders got off his bony arse and showed some leadership we could have performed stronger from our pace. We knew that we would struggle more and more in certain races as we did not get any major updates as the team decided pretty early on that rather than bringing small updates we would provide a big package here in Barcelona and Ned better --- deliver or I'm outa here.

Q: You have brought new bits and pieces here. Do you think that is going to bring you right back into the top 10?

Heidfeld: What am I, do you see a --- crystal ball in front of me how the hell would I know if its going to make a difference.

Q: And yet you are not using the double diffuser or the KERS here. What would that do?

Heidfeld: Well, you better talk to Ned Flanders about that situation its his master plan whatever that is

Q: Lewis, have you found KERS useful this year and can you envisage not using it?

Lewis HAMILTON: Well I kind of like the device as I can use it to piss people off in the straight sections with the push of a button

Q: And Fernando?

Fernando ALONSO: I don't know to be honest, the car is a pig to drive so I have no feel for it at this stage and if Flabbio got of his fat arse and organised the whole operation better we may see the team actually go ahead instead he's bitchin like a big girl about this and that must be that time of the month.

Q: Giancarlo, you were perhaps expecting to use KERS here. You obviously do see an advantage in it?

Giancarlo FISICHELLA: Well, I never used it. At the moment Im using extra personal gaseous propellant from the curries VJ is feeding me before the races - that seems to work as the smell of those farts in the cockpit would make any driver want to get the race over as quickly as possible.

Q: What about the modifications you had in the last grand prix? They really did seem to give you a little bit of an advantage?

Fisichella: Yeah, the team did a good effort to build the quadruple diffuser, wonder have any of the other teams noticed it yet.

Q: You have that here. Any other bits here as well?

Fisichella: Just a few small bits, and a new curry recipe which Im told will rot your guts so more propellant thats for sure, phew sorry about that stench.

Q: Fernando, looking at this circuit you won from pole in 2006. You have been on the podium another three times. Obviously it is your home circuit. Is it a circuit that you like as well?

Alonso: Yeah, I like it but as I said before the cars a pig so no real chance here think I might just have the weekend off and head to the bull fight.

Q: Pat Symonds says he has been disappointed so far. Is it the same with you?

Alonso: Disappointed - are you --- joking he's --- pissed off, told me he was looking for another job he's had enough.

Q: I have been down in the paddock and a succession of cardboard boxes of varying different sizes have been carried into the garage. How much are you expecting this weekend?

Alonso: Oh so youve seen those boxes, no they are bits from the Renault Clio road car as we know the Clio is quicker than our car so we're going to try some of the Clio parts to see if it helps our speed.

Q: Lewis, going back two months ago when you were last testing here I think things did not look so good. How are your feelings about the progress that has been made since then?

Hamilton: Well, I was expecting to be leading the championship by this race so I'm very disappointed to say the least, my overwhelming talent is being overshadowed by the inept engineering by the team, wheres Ron when you need him.

Q: Do you think that rate of progress can take you back to where you were last year?

Hamilton: No, in fact I'm not sure I will be here much longer, Ive just applied to race NASCAR sent the CV off to a few teams hopefully they will recognise my enormous talent sign me up and Im outa here.

Q: Tomorrow you are going to be honoured by the circuit here. They are going to unveil a plaque to you. What are your feelings about that?

Hamilton: They actually promised me a 12 foot high bronze statue so the plaque thing is piss poor in my eyes, especially for someone with my enormous talent.

QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR

Q: There are going to be tremendous cuts made in the technical budgets of the teams. I wonder if you guys feel you also should suffer in the financial conditions. Are you expecting to take substantial reductions in salary? Would you be willing to do so if you were asked?

Heidfeld: I think my lawyers are dealing with that so no comment

Fisichella: What he said.

Alonso: Same.

Q: But do you think you should take a cut?

Hamilton: Hey what part of Im not --- interested in telling you dont you get --- off.

Alonso: What he said

Fisichella: They dont pay me, my lawyer said it takes time to negotiate salaries but Ive free curries coming out the ying yang so Im happy at the moment.
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

chrys

CMSMJ1 wrote:Practice started and the weather looks good.
On-line
http://en.justin.tv/ferrari_dragon2
Last edited by chrys on 08 May 2009, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

meves

This could well be the best race fo the season so far, there are so many changes. The BMW still looks boxy but the high nose is a change, along with the engine cover, and rear wing, Red Bull have a number of significant changes, McLaren, new front and rear wing, and the changes keep coming. Renault have a number of new parts including the anvil engine cover as do Toyota. Ferrari have a very simple front wing, in fact it's probably the simplest I've seen... The BMW garage is flooded with photographers from other teams..

I just saw Bernie walk up to the McLaren hospitality area and swipe himself in, so I guess that they're back in favour. More to the point though I want his pass!

Scotracer

Very slow laptimes so far.

ben_watkins

Toyotas trying new engine covers, with shark fin that joins the rear wing..

BMW with a tea tray flat nose.. odd!

Massa running without DDD, but Raikonnen is. Raikonnen also in a new lighter chassis..
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

Scotracer

ben_watkins wrote:Toyotas trying new engine covers, with shark fin that joins the rear wing..

BMW with a tea tray flat nose.. odd!

Massa running without DDD, but Raikonnen is. Raikonnen also in a new lighter chassis..
And Kimi is in 19th :lol:

ben_watkins

The new odd BMW nose looks like a throw back to the Benetton B194... but flatter and wider..

The prime tyre seems to be struggling for temp/grip.. the option is the faster tyre in current conditions..

Jarno sets fastest time at 1.22.154 with new engine cover connected to rear wing.. Glock not running it goes 4th.. +0.6s
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

gibells

[quote="Chaparral"]Spanish GP - Thursday - Press Conference

:lol:

myurr

Unless I'm mistaken there's still no DDD on the McLaren, only the interim.