Monaco GP 2009 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
De Jokke

Monaco GP 2009 - Monte Carlo

Does anybody know which team will bring a huge update after spain or are all teams just bringing little stuff?

Mcl would bring a bigger update than spain.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

roost89

Re: Monaco GP 2009

Red Bull may or may not have a new package at Monaco. It'll have the new diffuser and no doubt revised rear end, to accomodate it.
It'll be close as to whether they'll get it there on time, if they don't it'll be the next race.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

djos

As above, RedBull are planning to bring a big update including their version of the DDD.

I cant wait, the RB5 should be just about un-beatable at Monaco with a good DDD + its exceptional mechanical grip! (as evidenced in the wet)

I predict Webber will finally get his 1st race win here as it's a circuit he loves and already has a podium here (williams) + at least 1 more that was lost due to his williams catching fire.

8)
"In downforce we trust"

MattyT

Yep I've got good feelings about Webber @ Monaco... Their car should be awesome there with or without the DDD, and the site of his first podium should mean its fate :P

mx_tifoso

Monte Carlo circuit

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D62kfHSgYy0[/youtube]
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Agerasia

Predict:
Fastest ouright lap of the weekend.
Fastest quali lap.
Fastest race lap.

I don't mean who will do it or what car I mean a guestimate of times.
:)
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

paused

Agerasia wrote:Predict:
Fastest ouright lap of the weekend.
Fastest quali lap.
Fastest race lap.

I don't mean who will do it or what car I mean a guestimate of times.
:)
Lap record is 1.14.4 (2004 Schumacher)
2008 FL 1.16.6 (Kimi)

Since we now have slicks back but only V8 @ 18K I reckon we will split the two. Approx 1.15.2

ringo

Well seeing as though we have seen the McClaren done gone purple in some of the low speed sectors of the previous race weekends, during qualifying and practice sessions. I would suspect they might be closer to the top runners here than the other tracks that require much more down force. I can actually see Hamilton win this one. I could be completely wrong but i just have a feeling. Hamilton or Alonso is my pick for the race.
The red bulls are obviously superior cars at low speeds so we can also expect much from them.

Edit: rain would be good for a nice race :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

Shaddock

djos wrote:As above, RedBull are planning to bring a big update including their version of the DDD.

I cant wait, the RB5 should be just about un-beatable at Monaco with a good DDD + its exceptional mechanical grip! (as evidenced in the wet)

I predict Webber will finally get his 1st race win here as it's a circuit he loves and already has a podium here (williams) + at least 1 more that was lost due to his williams catching fire.

8)
You might be right, but the RB is long wheel base and might be unwieldy around Monaco’s tight turns. Its impressive aero efficiency with be negated as there are no high speed corners.

Richard

I wonder how much benefit KERS will give?

Perhaps KERS could gain a vaulable place at the start, although my hunch is that having too much of a power advantage will just cause a pile up.

Also the only place where you could put down the extra power is in the tunnel, or perhaps the uphill stretch pulling away from the harbour on the pit straight.

Surely this circuit, out of all the circuits, requires more nimble balance in preference to raw power???

djos

richard_leeds wrote:I wonder how much benefit KERS will give?

Perhaps KERS could gain a vaulable place at the start, although my hunch is that having too much of a power advantage will just cause a pile up.

Also the only place where you could put down the extra power is in the tunnel, or perhaps the uphill stretch pulling away from the harbour on the pit straight.

Surely this circuit, out of all the circuits, requires more nimble balance in preference to raw power???
Bugger all I reckon as the straights are so short and the average speed over the entire lap is only about 140kph and KERS only activates above 100kph.
"In downforce we trust"

Shaddock

Before rpm limits and pretty much standardisation on engines, Monaco used to offer a level playing field to teams running 50hp short of other teams. Good engine tractability is more valuable than outright grunt.

xpensive

Even more so when it was pouring down in the Principality, remember 1984 anyone?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

axle

I agree with Ringo to a degree, I think McLaren will be fighting at the front as I don't think the car is at all bad when it comes to mechanical grip.

If I was them I would remove the KERS too, just for that race as it is special. Get the car to really hook up using more ballast.

I think Lewis can score a podium for definite. However, Redbull and Brawn will also be on top of their game...
- Axle

Richard

axle wrote:I think McLaren will be fighting at the front ... If I was them I would remove the KERS too, just for that race as it is special. Get the car to really hook up using more ballast.
Yup, Adeleide showed the can still have a good fight on the right track.

Can they exploit any gain by removing KERS or will it be a distraction? Have they ever tested KER-less? Then again, they need to be bold, so perhaps worth a gamble?

I think there will be a red thing in the mix too. Oh, and a banzai Alonso as well.