British GP 2009 - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Giblet

British GP 2009 - Silverstone

I just wanted to start one of these threads, for on reason whatsoever.

Looks like it will be the last race at Silverstone for the foreseeable future, and who knows if Donnington will find the 100 million they are short to be ready for 2010?

I guess it is possible there will be no British GP next year for more than one reason.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

timbo

Re: British GP - 2009

I have masochistic desire for the race to be boring :?
If it yields fantastic race it'd be even tougher to lose Silverstone...
Well, probably Button are on for it.

djos

I reckon this will be a Button Vs Webber race and Im hoping for Webber to get his 1st win.

He got on the front row last year but had seamless shift issues with his gearbox in the wet that sent him spinning on the hangar straight ruining his race.
"In downforce we trust"

ringo

Barichello did well here in the lowly honda last year. He could be back stronger than ever. I sense a win for rubens. 8)
I could be completely wrong, maybe buttons win again :|
For Sure!!

ISLAMATRON

ringo wrote:Barichello did well here in the lowly honda last year. He could be back stronger than ever. I sense a win for rubens. 8)
I could be completely wrong, maybe buttons win again :|
He 1 stopped at the exact right time because of the rain.. I doubt that strategy would work again there... unless maybe it rained again

PNSD

This is Barachellos playground. He always goes well at Silverstone.

Then again the way Jenson is driving and with Mansells extra 1second a lap we could see Button make it 7 out of 8. Which I think I would prefer :p

De Jokke

Again a very boring race on the up, I predict.

I hope barri can win it because ratboy is already miles ahead in the championship table.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

ESPImperium

Circuit Length: 5.141 Kilometers
Race Distance: 308.355 Kilometers
Race Distance: 60 Laps
Tyres Compounds: Soft/Hard

megz

Could have sworn Ireland was bigger than Silverstone :lol: 8)

mstar

Re: British GP 2009

i think this be a fight between redbull, brawn and toyota. Possibly redbull having the advantage as there is to many fast corners before the slow stuff for brawn drivers to make any impact on time lost.

I understand this is the fastest circuit by number of high-speed corners, so redbull have got to be the best through them and they are not THAT slow in the slow corners either.

For me KERS cars will not figure as much as there is not much hard breaking points around the circuit to charge and fire the car down striaghts, so they maynot be much of a issue on laptime in qualy trim. but race starts they could be a factor.

toyota have a good high speed stability and could sneak and split the redbull and brawns.

i just think redbull MAY have to much for brawn at silverstone and i think webber could be the man he always qualifys well here.

gibells

djos wrote:I reckon this will be a Button Vs Webber race and Im hoping for Webber to get his 1st win.

He got on the front row last year but had seamless shift issues with his gearbox in the wet that sent him spinning on the hangar straight ruining his race.

i'll second you on that one. I think you need some southern hemisphere support. Come on Webber!

Ayrton Senna

Silverstone is amazing circuit around the world .. but it will not be the 2010 season instead Donington.Park.. ! I think we will miss so much this circuit. I wanna share extraordinary a view of copse corner ! =D> =D>

Giblet

De Jokke wrote:Again a very boring race on the up, I predict.

I hope barri can win it because ratboy is already miles ahead in the championship table.

When did Jenson get the nickmame Ratboy?

I don't think Schumi even got one THAT bad, and he was deserving once or twice :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Miguel

I'm sorry for all the McLaren fans, but I feel it's quite likely they'll have to brake before Copse. If that happens in qualy, I'll be laughing my... ehem... let's not give Ciro extra work.

RBR should be stronger here than in Turkey, with an extra special 1st sector. McLaren to rule sector 3. I hope Ferrari will be closer, with Toyota, Renault, BMW and Williams fighting for the lowly points. I fear Renault will again leave Silverstone empty handed.

BTW: As always, Maggots -> Beckets -> Chapel is one of the best places in the world to see how amazing these cars are.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

tk421

Miguel wrote: Maggots -> Beckets -> Chapel is one of the best places in the world to see how amazing these cars are.
Some of my favorites are Copse, Maggots & Becketts & Chapel, first part of the Swimming Pool at Monaco, turn 1 at Hockenheim (reminds me of Copse), Eau Rouge, and the Nurburgring & Imola "chicanes" at Magny Cours.

Anyway, looking forward to the GP though I can't help but think there will be two Brawns and one Red Bull on the podium... :|
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!