Singapore GP 2009 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ds.raikkonen

Singapore GP 2009 - Marina Bay

Finally, I got the chance to open a race thread, I think it ll be all about the Brawn GPs. But, the question is, will Force India get to grips with the high downforce street circuit?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

zgred

Re: Singapore GP - 2009

And I wonder if BMW show something. Mario was promising good result, whole new package of upgrades. So I am wondering , is it like with all BMW promises? Sticking to the plan when there is opportunity and failing to be creative while thing are not as expected? It is final opening to not lose even more for BMW.

kilcoo316

I doubt it will be about the Brawns as the track temperature should not be that high.

I would look towards McLaren.

ds.raikkonen

zgred wrote:And I wonder if BMW show something. Mario was promising good result, whole new package of upgrades. So I am wondering , is it like with all BMW promises? Sticking to the plan when there is opportunity and failing to be creative while thing are not as expected? It is final opening to not lose even more for BMW.
Yeah, they re absolutely desperate for a good result in the final stages of the 2009 season. Remember the `For Sale' banner that the Minardi team displayed in 2004? I think the BMW Sauber F1 team might have to resort to that if not the results.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ds.raikkonen

kilcoo316 wrote:I doubt it will be about the Brawns as the track temperature should not be that high.

Singapore will be hot enough for the BGP001 to get enough out of its tyres. Look towards Mclaren for what? Another crash in the barriers and throw away the team's hard work throughout the weekend? :lol:

kilcoo316

ds.raikkonen wrote:Singapore will be hot enough for the BGP001 to get enough out of its tyres.
Why would it be?

Ground temperatures are all about radiation, not conduction from the air.

ds.raikkonen

kilcoo316 wrote:Why would it be?

Ground temperatures are all about radiation, not conduction from the air.
The sun's rays fall almost over head at Singapore during day time, the track will soak up much of the heat during day and will be hot enough by the time the GP starts, so dont worry about the track temperature.

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/ ... spx?sday=1

Super racing

ds.raikkonen wrote:
kilcoo316 wrote:I doubt it will be about the Brawns as the track temperature should not be that high.

Singapore will be hot enough for the BGP001 to get enough out of its tyres. Look towards Mclaren for what? Another crash in the barriers and throw away the team's hard work throughout the weekend? :lol:
You mean like how Kimi did at Singapore last year? or Monaco 08? Or at Spa 08? Or maybe Austrailia '09? They all push hard, especially the best ones like Hamilton & Kimi, thats part of why they are the best, they keep it on the edge and push to the limit, and they all make mistakes.

Shrek

Wohoo! night race
Spencer

chasefreak

Super racing wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:

You mean like how Kimi did at Singapore last year? or Monaco 08? Or at Spa 08? Or maybe Austrailia '09? They all push hard, especially the best ones like Hamilton & Kimi, thats part of why they are the best, they keep it on the edge and push to the limit, and they all make mistakes.

and dats y we r true racing fans and don't go bashing around...hehehehe

ds.raikkonen

Super racing wrote:..They all push hard, especially the best ones like Hamilton & Kimi, thats part of why they are the best, they keep it on the edge and push to the limit, and they all make mistakes.
Really? I had no idea.....

mstar

how does singapore compare to valencia/monaco? seems a medium speed kind of circuit. Not sure if kers have a big gap to first corner or not

PlatinumZealot

Sorry to interject...

Does FIA allow these?

This is what we need for Singapore!! :mrgreen:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Super racing

ds.raikkonen wrote:
Super racing wrote:..They all push hard, especially the best ones like Hamilton & Kimi, thats part of why they are the best, they keep it on the edge and push to the limit, and they all make mistakes.
[...]
Last edited by Steven on 13 Sep 2009, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No personal attacks please

Giblet

Super racing wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:
[...]
Relax guy, there is no need to attack posters.

You stated something very obvious to a forum of dedicated fans. Talk about F1, don't get angry.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute