Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ds.raikkonen

Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

Well, Vettel looks on top form with his RBR, and is the favorite for the bumpy circuit. Due to the long straight, I think the Mercedes powered cars will have an edge. Button will have to keep his head to seal his driver's title, with Barrichello hunting him down.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ISLAMATRON

Re: Brazilian GP 2009 - Interlagos, Sao Paulo

Please Please Rain.... cuz it aint gonna happen in Abu Dhabi

axle

This track should suit the Brawn....but nothing has been certain this year...I've given up trying to predict anything this year.

If Button finishes in 3rd or better he is the WDC. IMO he needs a win to silence the critics.
- Axle

PNSD

KERS domination.

ESPImperium

Autódromo José Carlos Pace - XXXVIII Grande Prêmio do Brasil
Date: October 16-18, 2009

Average fuel per lap: 2.16 Kilogrammes
Circuit Length: 4.309 Kilometers
Race Distance: 305.909 Kilometers
Race Distance: 71 Laps
Tyres Compounds: Super Soft/Medium

WDC Permutations:

Jenson Button, Rubens Barichello and Sebastian Vettel are still in contention for the World Driver's Championship. Button is the only driver capable of sealing it in Brazil, and will do so if he finishes:

* 1st, 2nd or 3rd
* 4th or 5th, with Barichello 2nd or worse
* 6th or 7th, with Barichello 3rd or worse and Vettel 2nd or worse
* 8th, with Barrichello 4th or worse and Vettel 3rd or worse
* 9th or below, with Barichello 5th or worse and Vettel 3rd or worse

Constructors Permutation:

If Brawn get 1 point or more, they are champions

Ferarri & McLaren will run KERS as per usual, Renault may run KERS here as it has a massive advantage out of Juncao and out of Turn 2 of the Senna Do S. Most probable biggest advantage will be out of Juncao, Tuurn 13. Brawn should suit this track but the natural downforce advantage the RB5 has means it can run less wing and get a higher top speed. Force India and the STR-Ferarris could do well here as well. Ferarri may introduce a few small improvements to the F60 to make shure they keep 3rd in the Constructors champoionship as that means a larger garrage next year as the top 3 teams the larger garrage space next year, and more importantly, more advertising space with it.

ISLAMATRON

@ Axle

He already has 6 wins... twice as many as Vettel... how many do the critics have?

It is all about points racing now... he wont push for the win because all he needs to do not lose more than 4 points to RB.

so instead of getting to watch the top contenders pushing hard to win, we get to watch them tip-toeing not to lose points.... disgusting.

I'd rather see the championship done earler in the season if that what it takes to watch everybody driving balls out trying to win every race, that is much more exciting than points permutations.

axle

I said his critics.... I'm not one. But I'd like to see a strong finish. Without one he might be without a drive!
- Axle

ds.raikkonen

axle wrote:Without one he might be without a drive!
Talk about a WC not getting a drive for next year! :shock: that ll be a first time ever, wont it?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

timbo

ds.raikkonen wrote:
Talk about a WC not getting a drive for next year! :shock: that ll be a first time ever, wont it?
Nope.
Remember Williams number 0 in 1993?

jdavidx

timbo wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:
Nope.
Remember Williams number 0 in 1993?
More recently, Damon Hill was champion in 96 with Williams Renault. Was dropped for the 97 by Williams in favor of Heinz-Harald Frentzen. He then moved to Arrows Yamaha for the 97 season. I think he brought the number "1" with him to Arrows. Finished 2nd in Hungary with Arrows. Then won the famous Spa race in 98 in a Jordan Mugen Honda.

ESPImperium

The number 1 goes with the WDC, the Constructors Champoins get the choice of end at each GP, basically where the biggest and most plus garrages are. But if the WDC goes to another team the Constructos Champions numbers are 3 & 4 with the test drivers number being 32 for them.

timbo

jdavidx wrote: More recently, Damon Hill was champion in 96 with Williams Renault. Was dropped for the 97 by Williams in favor of Heinz-Harald Frentzen. He then moved to Arrows Yamaha for the 97 season. I think he brought the number "1" with him to Arrows. Finished 2nd in Hungary with Arrows. Then won the famous Spa race in 98 in a Jordan Mugen Honda.
That's not exactly "without a drive" :wink: that way you could name Alonso @ 2007.

jdavidx

timbo wrote:
jdavidx wrote: More recently, Damon Hill was champion in 96 with Williams Renault. Was dropped for the 97 by Williams in favor of Heinz-Harald Frentzen. He then moved to Arrows Yamaha for the 97 season. I think he brought the number "1" with him to Arrows. Finished 2nd in Hungary with Arrows. Then won the famous Spa race in 98 in a Jordan Mugen Honda.
That's not exactly "without a drive" :wink: that way you could name Alonso @ 2007.
Ooh... sometimes i read too fast... i thought a world champion booted out after winning it.. you're right.. i stand corrected

axle

jdavidx wrote:
timbo wrote:
Ooh... sometimes i read too fast... i thought a world champion booted out after winning it.. you're right.. i stand corrected
Hill was booted out - he wasn't wanted by Williams as he wanted too much money.
- Axle

King Six

Love this track, such a big drop down after the first corner! Gotta agree that the KERS cars will do well on the hill climb at the end. You can never rule out rain in that area (circuit) either.

I'm going for a Hamilton win, Ferrari (Kimi) finishing in Podium. Brawn finishing well and winning the constructors. Red Bull to be out of the contention for the WDC. Everyone heads off to the UAE with Jenson Button feeling all the pressure of the world on his face.